• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zeels for Spring Battle roads

EmmetCHH22

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everybody this is my first post. This deck is going to be about zeels. I decided yesterday that I'm running it for the first two battle roads at least. So here is the list.

Pokemon:

4-3 Eelektrik- its pretty standard 2 spark tynamo and 2 thunder wave tynamo all 40 hp tynamo's because of darkrai ex.
2 Mewtwo ex- again its pretty standard it can respond to other mewtwo's
1 smeargle- its optional i like it because it can get energys in the disacard early on by retreating and skyarrow is pretty good with it too. also you can have two supporters at once.
1 shaymin UL- good for moving energys around in case you wiff on energys to draw.
1 bouffalant - great revenge killer it even says it in the attack :) after you get killed it responds to zekrom's boltstrike's and you can catcher and eel and kill it
2 zekrom bw- just another attacker that deals a decent amount of damage that requires lightind energy
1 tornadus ep- good against fighting pokemon and early game remember i dont run thunduras so i sometimes i rely on this
1 tornadus ex- another attacker good against fighting and could kill anything against dark except darkrai which is pretty good.
1 raikou ex- great in mirror sniping for 100 is graet in this format you can keep on continuosly going for the eel. also with skyarrow it helps because u can retreat triple dynamotor or two dynamotors and attach and then switch and volt bolt again.

Traines/Supporters/Stadium

4 junk arm- great for reusing trainers and discarding energy
3 oaks new theory- great shuffle and draw supporter i think its better then sage
3 juniper- just another stable for getting energy in the discard
3 n- great in the late game it can change the whole game around
3 dual ball- i like it better than collector because if you draw into collector after you used your supporter for the turn you cant use it. with dual ball you can.
3 catcher- stable just another card you run in almost every deck.
3 level ball- great to search out tynamo's and eelektrik's in the early game
2 eviolite- great on defense sometimes it can win you game because it takes away a kill or catcher target for your opponent
2 switch- used for raikou after a volt bolt or if a pokemon is stuck in the active
1 pokegear- used if you cant hit a supporter
1 cheren- a card people have questioned me on. it is used because if you have a low deck and u need to hit a resouce. you cant use a juniper because youll deck out. I personally like it because I hit the resource when I need it
1 super rod- good for getting pokemon back when you need them
1 skyarrow bridge- one of my favorite tech cards in here. it goes really well with the tynamos,smeargle, and raikou ex.
1 pluspower- just to do the extra damge when needed.

Energys

8 lighting- cut it down to 8 for room
4 dce (double collorless energy)- standard

So thats my list guys fell free to comment and see some of you in nanuet battle roads if you are going
-Emmet W.

- 1 Tornadus EX (seriously, it doesn't help. Do the math and Terrakion comes out on top. Mewtwo with an Eviolite counters Terrakion 50x better then Tornadus EX)
-1 Bouffalant (you've got more then enough damage output already, this thing isn't needed to help that)
- 1 Shaymin UL (Getting energy out in Zeels should never be a problem)
- 1 Cheren ( I know at times it's going to be helpful, but other techs are going to be much more helpful then this)
- 1 Pokegear 3.0 (Random Reciever is better)

+ 2 Random Reciever (Just better than Pokegear)
+ 1 Skyarrow Bridge (If someone plays a counter stadium your going to have problems)
+ 1 Thundurus (Great lead)
+ 1 Sages Training (Helps get energy in the discard)

...Personally, I'd add a lot more Sage's training, but I'm not sure what to take out in place of it. Hope I helped.

I don't know about tornadus EX. Its a pretty good counter plus is also good against groudon. With eviolite attached to it it's pretty good against terrakion and groudon.

Jirachi said:
I don't know about tornadus EX. Its a pretty good counter plus is also good against groudon. With eviolite attached to it it's pretty good against terrakion and groudon.

Remember though, it's still an even prize trade against Terrakion if you're not running SSU. Tornadus EX two-hit Ko's Terrakion, and Terrakion four-hit Ko's but takes two prizes.

Back