• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zacian V / Bronzong

Mora

Don't Panic
Pokémon: 16
  • 2 Zacian V
  • 2 Aegislash EX
  • 4-4 Bronzong PHF
  • 3 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Dedenne GX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Jasmine
  • 1 Guzma
  • 4 Quick Ball
  • 4 Scoop Up Net
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 3 Sky Field
Energy: 8
  • 8 Metal Energy
The strategy is to go second burn through your deck, and get all 4 Bronzong into play turn 1. Both Aegislash and Genesect are lack luster attackers, so I think the only way to maybe justify playing them is to make this a speed variant and rely on a really strong turn 1. You can use Scoop Up Net on Bronzong to reuse its Ability again that turn. Theoretically, if all your scoops are used on Bronzong, you can load up all of the energy in the deck onto Aegislash / Genesect turn 1, but the max I've ever got is 5, and a lot of times I end up whiffing anyways. My biggest problem is that Supporters and VS Seeker clunk up the deck and make it hard to use Shaymin. So I'm thinking drop some of them in favor of more Item based draw.

I'm torn between attackers in this deck. Obviously Zacian is the best Metal attacker, but I haven't been able to get my hands on any, and he doesn't need Bronzong anyway; he's probably just fine with his Ability and Metal patch. I thought about using Genesect EX for more damage, and also you don't have discard the tool when you scoop him up, but quite a few ladder decks straight up resign when they see Aegislash, so I thought I'd post and get other opinions. Genesect's below for reference. I don't think it's seen a lot of play.

1094108.jpg

Last edited:

Mora

Don't Panic
Bump. Grinded the Expanded tournaments for easy packs since all of the pros were busy getting Standard tournament rep. Finally got packs for Zacian, it's pretty fun to play. You basically burn through your deck turn one getting everything into play, then you play Guzma every single turn until you win. That being said, I should probably find room for a second Guzma, maybe cut a Juniper since I rarely even play it. As it stands now, I basically lose to Ultra Necrozma, and idk if there's anything I can do to fix that, so that's fine I guess.