• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yveltal/Zoroak/Gallade

Roy_Kamikaze

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 16
  • 3 Yveltal XY 78
  • 2 Zorua BKT 89
  • 2 Zoroark BKT 91
  • 2 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
  • 2 Yveltal-EX XY 79
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
  • 1 Gallade BKT 84
  • 1 Marowak FAC 37
  • 1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Vs Seeker
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Enegies: 11
  • 7 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Enegy
Recently was able to build this deck, have played a bit with it, and want to know options/opinions to improve it.
Thanks in advance :D
(If you ask why not 4 Vs Seeker, well, haven't got the 4th one)

ambo

Aspiring Trainer
Things that I know can be clunky for Maxie's are energy and useless cards at that point. Zoroark BREAK is good but I would only play one. Also you would only be able to make use of FFB on Seismitoad and both Yveltals as it is only to basics, so maybe up the count of muscle band? Lastly, a high supporter count can really interrupt the Maxie so only include necessities. Hope this helps! PS you should really invest in a fourth VS Seeker!

Roy_Kamikaze

Aspiring Trainer
Things that I know can be clunky for Maxie's are energy and useless cards at that point. Zoroark BREAK is good but I would only play one. Also you would only be able to make use of FFB on Seismitoad and both Yveltals as it is only to basics, so maybe up the count of muscle band? Lastly, a high supporter count can really interrupt the Maxie so only include necessities. Hope this helps! PS you should really invest in a fourth VS Seeker!

Thanks for you reply! Some supporters are there just to be used with Vs Seeker, but I can see how they can make Maxie somewhat cluncky to play. Also, I'll try 1 Zoroark BREAK, and probably without it (doesn't feel as useful as I thought it would be).

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
In my version of this deck, I run 3 Zorua (Moonlight Madness) as one way to potential "slow" my opponent down with its confusion attack.

I also incorporated 1 Yveltal (Fright Night) which can be HUGE at times.

Just 1 Zoroark BREAK has been sufficient for me too.

PlatypusAvenger

Aspiring Trainer
I am actually considering a very similar deck for Nationals this year.... tossing the old vileplume deck i've been using.
Pokemon – 13
2 Zoroark
2 Zorua
3 Yveltal
2 Gallade
2 Shaymin-EX
2 Yveltal-EX
Energy - 10
4 Double Colorless Energy
6 Darkness Energy
Trainers - 35
Supporters - 10
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
2 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Xerosic
Items - 20
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Battle Compressor
2 Arco Bike
1 Super Rod
1 Professors' Letter
Tools – 4
2 Muscle Band
2 Float Stone
Stadium - 1
1 Reverse Valley

2 Open Spaces

I love the idea of Marowark!... i've given it some testing and am a bit unsure on it at the moment... its only really useful in the seismitoad or giratina match ups and if i'm throwing in a card for just one match-up then i should probably thrown in an Aegislash-Ex for the Vespiquen/Vileplume match-up too (which i may considering how popular it is at the moment!) I've also been testing the deck with Unowns and they've seemed to work well with getting a turn one Gallade out.

Anyone got any ideas on the two open spots? I'm thinking Yveltal BKT and another acro-bike at this point in time.

Roy_Kamikaze

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for all your comments guys. Sorry for the late reply, but hadn't had time to play until today and didn't want to comment without anything relevant to say.

Fright Night Yveltal is in my list now. Also, I got my 4th Vs Seeker today!

1 Zoroak Break has proven to be enough to me, and while Marowak hasn't been needed, I prefer to have the option there. Aegislash can be an option, but don't want to increse the EX account.

Reverse Valley looks very interesting, I'll give it a try.

PlatypusAvenger

Aspiring Trainer
Aegislash would only be useful if you're expecting to face more 3 or more vespiplume decks in the tourney. Fright Night and 2 Lysandres would do the same job. I am actually testing Puzzle of Time now in my deck.... very helpful in getting that Gallade out. I would throw in a single stadium at least