• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yveltal EX / Zebstrika

Xerneos

Aspiring Trainer
so i want to know if this is a viable deck for a local box tournament happening tomorrow. My idea for zebstrika is that i believe that there will be a lot of people playing yveltal with the last winnings of Azul at orlando. The only deck i see troubles with m mewtwo, however i was realizing for myself having a mew FAC taking kills usually gets on shotted the turn after with energy that is now lost. idk if i should bring the mews back or keep the zebstrika, what are your thoughts?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Yveltal STS 65
* 2 Yveltal BKT 94
* 3 Yveltal-EX XY 144
* 1 Blitzle BKP 48
* 1 Zebstrika BKP 49
* 1 Trubbish BKP 56
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 N DEX 96
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Reverse Valley BKP 110
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 13

* 9 Darkness Energy GEN 81
* 4 Double Colorless Energy LTR 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You could add one or two Mewtwo from the new evolutions set, for a DCE it does 20 + 20 for energy on your opponents pokemon. So you can hit M Mewtwo for weakness. But it can only one shot if M Mewtwo has 5 energy or it has 4 energy and you have a fury belt. But with pitch black spear you can spread damage onto M Mewtwo and make it easier to take out with Mewtwo. He is also a basic so you can use ninja boy to get him out. Just some things to think about! Good luck!

I know it's a little late since the event is today but I have been playing a deck like this too. I opted for thicker lines and the FAC Mew because, while you're right it will probably get revenge killed, it only takes two energy and a fighting fury belt to knock out a M Mewtwo EX using Evil Ball. You take two prizes and if they revenge kill you they take 1. It's a pretty good trade.

My list:

Yveltal/Mew - 16/31/13

1x Shaymin EX
1x Yveltal (STS)
2x Yveltal (BKT)
2x Yveltal EX
2x Mew (FAC 29)
2x Trubbish (BKP 56)
2x Garbodor (BKP 57)
2x Blitzle (BKP 48)
2x Zebstrika (BKP 49)

4x Trainers' Mail
4x VS Seeker
4x Max Elixir
3x Ultra Ball
1x Super Rod
2x Float Stone
2x Fighting Fury Belt
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Lysander
1x Hex Maniac
1x Pokémon Ranger
1x Ninja Boy (Might cut for 1x Fighting Fury Belt)

9x Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Still trying to tweak the list a bit to find room for stadiums but that's what I'm working with.

So i didnt win the event...my girlfriend and the rainbow road list we have been working on won! However i won the raffle for a STAFF CHARIZARD!!

Back