• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX / Malamar EX

ApetimusPrime

Aspiring Trainer
I'm kinda new to this deck and to the TCG in general, but I wanna know what you think of my list :

Pokemon:

• 3 Yveltal-EX
    2 Yveltal
    2 Malamar-EX
    2 Seismitoad-EX
    1 Sharpedo-EX
    1 Mewtwo-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Lysandre
    2 Skyla
    2 Professor Birch's Observations
    1 Lysandres Trump Card

4 Hynotoxic Laser
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Virbank City Gym
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Switch
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy:

• 8 Darkness Energy
    4 Double Colress Energy
Strategy:

It's a really classic version, exept that I tried a few unusual Pokemons for some match-ups :

Yveltal-EX and Yveltal are obvious.
Seismitoad-EX is a great card, winning a lot of time, and locking the opponent.
Malamar-EX are here mainly for their ability of putting opponent's pokemon to sleep, and can deal good damages, even if their attack is luck-based.
Mewtwo-EX is here to destroy fighting-types like Lucario-EX, and is an absolute monster.
Sharpdeo-EX is here to stop Night March decks in early, taking the OHKO on both Pumpkaboo and Joltik wtih Hunt, being really efficient against the Mew-EX version, which is the most seen.

I dont play Darkrai-EX, but if I had to, I think I would take out the Malamar-EX.

The Trainer cards are really classic, I run Dowsing Machine over Computer Search, but Computer Search is a really good option too.

Let me know what you think about this deck, and how I could make it better.

RE: Yveltal EX Variants

ApetimusPrime said:
Sharpdeo-EX is here to stop Night March decks in early, taking the OHKO on both Pumpkaboo and Joltik wtih Hunt, being really efficient against the Mew-EX version, which is the most seen.

Ooh, nice!

Back