• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal EX / Garbodor

Warizon

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Yveltal Ex
    3 Yveltal XY
    1 Darkrai
    1 Mewtwo
    2-2 Garbodor
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    2 Bicycle
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Float Stone
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Energy Switch
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Virbank City Gym
Energy:

• 7 Dark Energy
    4 DCE

Strategy:
This is the deck I've been using for Yveltal/Garbodor. So far the deck has been pretty great but i've faced a big problem. Yveltal XY accelerates energy pretty well, but vs Virgen, Virizion will get 2 Emerald Slash before knocking him out so getting 4 energy + 1 prize. It might have been just "bad luck" with the draws. Would you change anything in the deck?

Do you really need Dowsing Machine? What do you usually dowse for? I feel like Computer search is better, so you can grab those DCE when you want and anything else of course.

I like 1 or 2 Seismitoad EX. Pyroar is then good match up and helps w lando EX. I thin two baby Yveltal is enought. I like Shaunas in my list

Hope i help ;-)

Hi, this is my favorite deck, but I'll try not to go on for too long. About a month ago I switched from the exact same strategy you are using, to one that should be a little faster in order to be able to keep up with Landorus, TDK, VirGen, etc.

I've been playing this for a while now, and have gone from 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 Yveltal. I liked it at 3 because it was so easy to get a T1 Oblivion Wing set up, but I've cut it down to 1 in favor of some other Pokemon. I have 2 YveltalEX, 2 MewtwoEX, 2 SeismitoadEX, 1 Yveltal, 1 DarkraiEX and a 3-2 Garbodor line. It's really nice having a wide variety of attackers, and especially quick ones like these. Most of the time, I go for a SeismitoadEX T1 so that I can stall while setting up the Pokemon I see fit. For example, if I see a Lucario, my priority is going to be setting up MewtwoEX and maybe a Garbodor for Machamp. If I see VirizionEX, then I'm probably going to try to start with MewtwoEX other than SeismitoadEX, and rush Garbodor out.

In addition to cutting down the Yveltal, I've replaced Skyla with more Supporters and Bicycles. This makes the deck a little less predictable while keeping your hand filled, but of course bad hands are still going to happen. I also see you have Energy Switch in your list. I'm still trying to find room for them.
Here are the changes I'd suggest:
-2 Yveltal
+2 SeismitoadEX

-2 Skyla
+1 Shauna
+1 Ultra Ball

-1 N
+1 Shauna (call me crazy, but I like it better with a Shauna)

-1 Startling Megaphone
+1 Mountain Ring (Landorus is just that much of a beach)

Side notes: I found out that I can't find room for Energy Switch because I have 3 Switch instead. You should probably try to find room for at least 1 Switch so that you can get out of Sleep/Paralasis.

Someone asked why Dowsing Machine and it's used for. I use it for pretty much everything and anything. While Computer Search does help consistency (and especially getting DCE), I think this deck uses resources really fast and you're forced to discard things that you don't want to really often. Just being able to get another Laser, Tool, Virbank, or Lysandre can be game-winning also.

Crap, I went on for too long.

Ivy_Profen said:
Do you really need Dowsing Machine? What do you usually dowse for? I feel like Computer search is better, so you can grab those DCE when you want and anything else of course.

Dowsing Machine is the card I'm sure I can't take off. Lysandres, Bikes, Junipers, Lasers... Dowsing gives me that +1 that is just incredible!

To the other replies, I understand the Seismitoad hype in Yveltal Ex, I've tested with it, and I've tested against it, and I can honestly say that I don't like it, and that it takes away a lot of consistency. When building this list I went for a JK approach: Consistency > Techs.

About the N/Shauna thing, I'm calling you crazy for sure :D N is too powerfull to play less than 4, again, I've tested with it eheh
One thing I truly enjoyed about the sugestions was the Switch one. I'm considering taking out one Yveltal XY (usually 1 is enough, the second is for that mid game slow down and the third is just discard fodder) for one Switch.

Back