• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yvelbodor (Yveltal / Garbodor)

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon 14
  • 4 Yveltal xy
  • 3 Yveltal EX xy
  • 1 Mewtwo EX ltr
  • 3 Garbodor ltr
  • 3 Trubbish ltr

Trainers 35
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Bicycle
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Silver Mirror
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Scramble Switch

Energy 11
  • 7 Darkness
  • 4 Double Colorless

Strategy
Turn One: Get Yveltal active, have Trubbish & Yveltal EX benched, at least one Darkness discarded, use Oblivion Wing if possible. After that: Evolve to Garbodor and keep tools attached, keep charging YveltalEX until you see fit, then repeat.
So far I have been able to get my first turn set up every time, save for the Trubbish. I tried DarkraiEX in place of MewtwoEX and ended up losing to my cousin's modified fairy theme deck because of that, so definitely no to that. Reason for no dark patch is because I was trying to do PLS-on, but I kept the hammers because it is one of my favorite items. When it is rotated I will put maybe shadow circle in its place. I think it is a pretty good deck because I got first in a local league tournament thing, but so far I have only played blastoise, fairytechs, plasma, virgen, my cousin's deck, and a random snorlax deck with no energy.
(P.s., not sure what to replace skyla with when she is rotated)

RE: Yvelbodor (Yveltal/Garbodor)

I would add 4 Ns since they're standard in this deck, also Sableye is a must, atleast a 1 of if not 2.

You could probably take out a couple of Muscle band. I would also cut the garbador to a 2-2 line. I think 3 of each is alot. Then put in a couple of random recivers. And maybe a couple of N. I would take out the scramble switch for a computer search or dowsing machine. And I would also add in a couple of Sableye so you can get resources back with Junk hunt.

Take out Scramble Switch, 1 Muscle Band, Mewtwo EX LTR, 3 Yveltal XY, all Skyla, all Shauna, 1-1 Garbodor, 1 Silver Mirror, In those places I'd add 1 Darkrai EX, 1 Absol PLF, 1 Sableye DEX, 4 N, 2 Colress, 2 Bouffalant DXR, 2 Float Stone

Bobmcdoogal: most of the changes you suggested were kind of just ripping the consistency out, but I like the float stone idea! Definitely going to test that out. Also, the only reason I didn't include N is because he might be rotating out soon.

Ironman131: unless sableye was reprinted after bcr, I'm not going to use that but random receiver could be helpful. Just not sure if I want to cut garbodor down to 2/2. I will think about Dowsing but then I need to add 1 more switch because the ensure a perfect setup.

I run a similar deck with certain differences including:
  • I've also found that a 2-2 Garbodor line to be quite sufficient in getting one setup. I recognize that your preference for a 3-3 line enhances setup consistency, but, I believe, the 2 card slots could better serve you if dedicated elsewhere.
  • I've included Shadow Circle. In my area, more players are now teching Lightning Poké into their decks (if not already there). So, a Shadow Circle can be quite helpful at times, especially when you want to "remove" your Poké's weakness. This Stadium can help your early Yveltals survive premature KOs.
  • I also prefer to run 9 D energy. In doing so, I've been able to consistently get energy into my discard pile and attach a D energy during my early turns.
Given that I run DCE in the deck, I also added a Bouffalant (Bouffer) as another non-EX attacker, but one that can hit the "magic" 180 damage number. I've also found that Absol to be another good, non-EX attacker. I've included 1 in my deck.

I'd also suggest replacing the Silver Mirrors with Float Stones. I'd also suggest replacing 1 Muscle Band and 1 Ht Laser (both can be Junk Hunt'd if you included 1-2 Sableyes) with 2 Silver Bangles in order to increase your damage output onto EX Poké (by your non-EX Poké).

Also, without Dark Patch, you will forgo some energy attachment acceleration opportunities.

Actually I really like the Bouffalant idea. I think that would fit nicely since yveltal is really not the best non-EX attacker.

Back