Yugioh Rant

Zero

Renegade Writer
In my infinate (not) knowledge, I have done research on yugioh players, I have found that they fit into 2 catagories with 3 subsections each. Here is what I found...

Catagory 1: 1337s:
Subsection 1.1: Nice 1337s
These 1337s are very rare. They are almost always modest. They are never at top tables, but they aren't at bottom tables either. They are always in the middle. They just want to have a good time. This is what everyone should be. Not bad, but not cocky either.
Subsection1.2: Cocky 1337s:
These are the most common types of 1337s. They are almost always at the top tables simply fueling their ego. They make fun of n00bs all the time. They have a lot of money and do not stop the spending on YuGiOh cards. They swear quite often, and have zero respect for anything official. They will often cheat to get their ways
Subsection1.3: Barely 1337s:
These are hardly 1337 at all. They are often at the back tables, but they seem to have ligitamate decks. They all believe they are good, but when push comes to shove, they all fail. These players often fail to notice their own flaws in order to improve.

Section 2: the n00bs
Subsection1.1: The "non" n00bs:
These are the n00bs who are terrible at the game. They will not admit their flaws. They are often highest in their "social order". They have quite an ego. When they lose, they will try to turn it against you. They often pull out a banlist comment, or cheat in order to win. You often have to hold your own in order to ligitametly beat one of these n00bs.

Subsection1.2: The hyper n00bs:
This does not mean hyper as in ADHD. This means hyper as in they hype stuff. I remember when kids said domino effect was like BCIF. They take things too serious. They often watch the TV show and call eachother "dragon duelists"... ect. No one cares about them. They are in their own group. Just ignore their comments and everything will go smoothly. Try to argue about what they hype about, and they will yell at you and try to pull a smart-alac comment. Have fun with this group :)

Subsection1.3: The self proclamed n00bs:
This is the rarest group of yugioh there is. These are n00bs who admit that they are n00bs. They are all really nice. They just want to try to get better. They sometimes progress into the Nice 1337 group, but often, not. They usually just quit and move onto something else after answerless knowledge seeking. They often go to the annoying 1337s for help, as they stand out more. After that, it all goes downhill from there.

I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh competitively, but I'm glad to know pokemon holds a higher standard. I think it would be nice if you made the same observation based on pokemon players.

I was a rude player when it first began then I stopped for like 3-4 yrs then when I came back more mature I realize what a fool I was I don't play competitively anymore I just help newcomers familiarize themselves with the various game mechanics now.

While Pokemon DOES have higher standards...

As a player of both games, I'm just calmly telling you to stop right there. Even if nearly everyone here hates serious Yu-Gi-Oh! players, you have no reason to do some pointless and unreliable study in order to flame them while not flaming them.

Good day to you, sir.

burnpsy said:
While Pokemon DOES have higher standards...

As a player of both games, I'm just calmly telling you to stop right there. Even if nearly everyone here hates serious Yu-Gi-Oh! players, you have no reason to do some pointless and unreliable study in order to flame them while not flaming them.

Good day to you, sir.

I beg to differ. Pokemon and YuGiOh are practically the same game now, thanks to all the new game mechanics being introduced. So I wouldn't call them two different games anymore...

Krucifier said:
I beg to differ. Pokemon and YuGiOh are practically the same game now, thanks to all the new game mechanics being introduced. So I wouldn't call them two different games anymore...

Firstly, I was referring to their community.

Secondly, there's a lot of stuff making a huge difference between the 2 games. also, the 2 companies in charge have nothing to do with eachother.

Nearly of the drawpower in the Pokemon TCG would be banned in YGO. YGO is also more centered around OTKs and graveyard manipulation, as well as a large array of broken cards in an attempt to balance themselves out.

Your view on the matter is clearly an incomplete one...

Seriously heres the problem of cards games. I've played pokemon, yugioh, magic and other games out their everyone is the same. NO ONE IS ORIGINAL. When you go to a tournament like 10 different people have the same deck which are "metadecks" seriously I have a couple of words I want to say but won't say but all card games are lame and boring you can't play for fun. Even pokemon plays are serious too not just yugioh or magic. Most people will get mad if they lose. Some people just are plain old sore losers.

Master of the Shadow said:
Seriously heres the problem of cards games. I've played pokemon, yugioh, magic and other games out their everyone is the same. NO ONE IS ORIGINAL. When you go to a tournament like 10 different people have the same deck which are "metadecks"

True that.... Its kind of hard for some of the people that don't have the time to get the cards/ work out the decks to even play. The only tournament I won was with about 10 people and was an open game (No bans). And I won with a Royalty deck (something I liked to call it. Had Nidoqueen and King). Other then at some open games, most everything is stacked pretty hard...

But to the OP, those kind of categories can be found about anywhere... Not as much Pokemon as I've noticed, but with most other games. The only reason, I believe, that Pokemon isn't like this is because the Pokemon franchise is seen as "childish" and thus the players act more like "children" as in there is little to no conflict between players after the matches are finished, and even during, where the more advanced players are quick to help out the starting players so that they to can enjoy the experience. But I don't know... maybe I'm way off base with that assumption, but its not the worst one....

I don't think it's fun to copy decks just because they have won tournaments before. It's kinda boring if you think about it.

Kaishu said:
I don't think it's fun to copy decks just because they have won tournaments before. It's kinda boring if you think about it.

I agree, and you'd think many others would to, but there are too many of those people who just want to win using the quickest route possible. And if that means copy and pasting decks, then that's what they'll do

burnpsy said:

Secondly, there's a lot of stuff making a huge difference between the 2 games. also, the 2 companies in charge have nothing to do with eachother.

Nearly of the drawpower in the Pokemon TCG would be banned in YGO. YGO is also more centered around OTKs and graveyard manipulation, as well as a large array of broken cards in an attempt to balance themselves out.

yup graveyard manipulation is big swarm opponents or get back cards so you can synchro summon cards like Goyo guardians and much more DAD is still pretty big

I've noticed that yugioh players are more west side. Most of them have an accent.

Juliacoolo said:
I've noticed that yugioh players are more west side. Most of them have an accent.

That seems like an insult.

Edit: Even WPM lives on the west side *California* minus well go tell him that.

Master of the Shadow said:
That seems like an insult.

Edit: Even WPM lives on the west side *California* minus well go tell him that.

I think you mean 'might as well go', good sir.

burnpsy said:

Chillax, bro.

Pokemon is copying YuGiOh. That's all I was saying.

Krucifier said:
I think you mean 'might as well go', good sir.

burnpsy said:

Chillax, bro.

Pokemon is copying YuGiOh. That's all I was saying.

That is what happens when you type on a touch screen phone.

Back