You've Activated My Trap Card, Ancient Balancing Ritual!

Right. It still allows you to get at your opponent's Bench, but it doesn't completely destroy Bench-sitting techs because you can't rely on it. Balance. Of course, if someone has a better suggestion, I'm listening. Or you could argue it's not needed; after thinking about it, I'm actually starting to think that myself.

I will prefer Catcher over Reversal any freaking day.

The game is already 60% luck 30% deck 10% skill already as is. Adding Reversal would make it like 65-30-5.

Riskbreakers said:
I will prefer Catcher over Reversal any freaking day.

All of this.

I know a flip makes cards less powerful (like SSU would be major OP if it wasn't a flip), but for something as important as catcher, entire games will come down to flipping heads which is just silly. Every deck would run 4 reversal, so all it does is make games more luck-based.

Come to think of it, we already have a psuedo-Catcher in format. I recant my nomination.

Vote: Add Spiritomb AR

Just the missing vote for it. It will help most stages 1 and 2 decks, it is easy to KO in the current format making the trainer lock not exaggerate. Especially with Landorus EX, it is going to have a hard time.

If we don't get rid of Keldeo, Landorus, Machamp and Vileplume, and add a lot more consistency cards, this format is going to be just as stupid as the current one (if not more so). Zekrom EX might be a good card to get rid of too.

alex said:
If we don't get rid of Keldeo, Landorus, Machamp and Vileplume, and add a lot more consistency cards, this format is going to be just as stupid as the current one (if not more so). Zekrom EX might be a good card to get rid of too.

I thought Vileplume UD was already gone (Or are you talking about the BC one?). Blah, Celebi23, You and I all voted to remove it, didn't we? I only saw 3 people who voted to keep it in the format. Also, what is your reason for removing Landorus (EX I assume, be more specific)? If anything, it's good for the format, since it can be used to hit the bench sitting monsters we've unleashed before they evolve on turn 1. Zekrom EX makes even less sense to me.

I thought that Vileplume was removed, but it seems like its still there. I'd get rid of Landy because if you can get the turn 1 going first, you're going to wreck any Stage 2 deck you're facing, almost no matter what it is. Zek EX would be because without Catcher to keep it in check, Eels could just get the consistent 150 turn after turn.

alex said:
I thought that Vileplume was removed, but it seems like its still there. I'd get rid of Landy because if you can get the turn 1 going first, you're going to wreck any Stage 2 deck you're facing, almost no matter what it is. Zek EX would be because without Catcher to keep it in check, Eels could just get the consistent 150 turn after turn.

Zekrom EX's problem wasn't that it couldn't do 150 every turn, it was that Terrakion exists, and that 150 damage isn't much better then 120. It could do 150 every turn easy, even with just 1 Zekrom EX out. I like my idea of getting rid of Eels all together. (no rly, i like my own idea. I never would've guessed).

Back