Pokémon Your OU Top Threats

Equinox

Stallwart Player
We have finally made it to Gen 7, and with that, we have been introduced to a plethora of new Pokémon! Even though some are technically old Pokémon, and others old Pokémon that have got new stats and/or received new moves. So, with your a to the new Pokémon, what do you view as potential top threats? Wonderful new walls? Oh, and not to mention the amount of slower, bulkier Pokémon that have been added!

Anyways, I'll start with a couple:
  • Pheromosa - an interesting Ultra Beast with amazing offensive capabilities and amazing speed, but with pitiful defenses, like a newer version of Deoxys-A. It even has great momentum with U-Turn! She's an incredible threat that every player needs to watch out for in this metagame
  • Tapu Koko - an ability that boosts his STAB electric-type moves, and thanks to Pelipper getting Drizzle, Thunder spam and Brave Bird is definitely something someone needs to watch out for, not to mention being able to halve your opponent's HP with Nature's Madness!

Walls:
  • Mantine - I haven't used Mantine yet, but getting his base HP boosted to 80 as well as having access to Roost / Defog / Haze / Scald garnishes great utility! Not to mention it doesn't mind the infamous Pheromosa!
  • Toxapex - It gets Regenerator and gains a protect move that poisons foes that uses a physical move! She also gets Recover, Scald, and Haze and also doesn't mind Pheromosa!

Last edited:
I'm still enjoying Ferrothorn as a wall. It's a reliable hazard support and it actually gets better with the Tapus due to its STABs.

It's still obnoxious to kill in rain.

Back