• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

You shall not pass! (Aegislash-EX / Klinklang / Cobalion / Beartic)

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Just a deck I have planned for the Holiday Season, hope you all like it and leave any comments below!

Pokemon: 17
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 3 - Prof Juniper
    3 - N
    4 - Colress
    2 - Skyla
    1 - Lysandre
    4 - Ultra Ball
    1 - Computer Search
    3 - Muscle Band
    2 - Rare Candy
    2 - Startling Megaphone
    1 - Sacred Ash
    1 - Pal Pad
    3 - Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 - Virbank
Energy: 11

• 9 - Metal Energy
    2 - DCE
Strategy: Klinklang prevents Damage towards any of your Metal types by EX's, meaning that your Opponent will need an attacker that goes through barriers, like Latias-EX, or they will have to use Basic's or Evolved Pokemon. Cobalion-EX will be the main driving force here, dealing a straight 100 damage for 3 energy, breaking through any resistances or defenses your opponent might use, such as Safeguard. Aegislash is used as a wall to halt decks that feed off of DCE and Rainbow Energy. Sayanora, Aromatisse, Plasma, and Raichu! Basic Cobalion is also a good attacker for opportunities where using an EX is too risky since it requires your Opponent to switch out or pass on attacking, and Beartic is for taking down high retreat Pokemon and Fire types, along with Landorus.

What's your opinion? Leave your thoughts and recommendations!

RE: You shall not pass! (Aegislash-EX/Klinklang/Cobalion/Beartic)

Note that super rod will be out of the format.

RE: You shall not pass! (Aegislash-EX/Klinklang/Cobalion/Beartic)

bwpple said:
Note that super rod will be out of the format.

Drat. Well, I'll replace that with Sacred Ash. Thanks for the note.

This deck could be good. However, Klinklang decks in general need a form of energy acceleration. Once an opponent KO's 2 Coballion EX with 3 energy on it, you're kinda of at a loss. There's no real way of consistently getting energy back and then quickly getting it back into play.

GadgetJax said:
What do you recommend for energy acceleration?

Unluckly there's nothing for Steel Types AFAIK, like Blastoise does for Water or Emboar does for Fire.

I recommend these changes:

-1 Aegislash-EX It's a wall, you don't need 2 of these if you won't attack with them
-2 Colress Way too many Colress and not enough Juniper
-1 Sacred Ash You don't really need it, you have enough of each Pokémon

+1 Professor Juniper Running 4 Juniper is always better than running 4 Colress
+2 Metal Energy You really need more Energy, and you had (and still have) way too many Pokémon
+1 Virbank City Gym Run a 3-3 VCG and HTL so that they are spare, and it also helps to counter other stadiums

cobalion ex is a great card, but it doesnt make much since in this deck (IMO). Aeigislash's ability makes him unable to be hit by any pokemon with a special energy on it (like the new special fighting and grass energies, prism, blend so forth so on). most every deck runs a special energy of some kind, and aeigislash walls that. that being said, why not switch cobalion with say skarmory EX or more LT cobalion? other than that i love this deck idea! i too have already started on buying what i need for it :)

Maybe try running some Bronzong
http://pokebeach.com/2014/08/bronzong-from-hyper-metal-chain-deck

We don't have the attack yet, but it does provide energy acceleration.

If you do choose to go with Bronzong, maybe a 1-1 line would do because there are so many Pokemon in this deck. You really really really really need at LEAST 3 Switch/Float Stone in here, because you are never going to be okay with discarding 3-4 energy to retreat (All of your Pokemon except Klink and Klang have 3-4 retreat, right?). Also, Lasers have a chance at trapping you. Maybe even run Scramble Switch to get a switching effect and a form of energy acceleration in one card.

Yea, I'm actually going to leave this deck alone until Phantom Forces actually comes out, because I'd hate to pre-order cards for it, finding out that there is a better replacement for a specific card. Until then, thanks for the input!

Back