You and music

Deepblue

Aspiring Trainer
What bands do you listen to? Do you play any instruments?

My bands/artists:
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix
Neil Young
Nirvana
The Doors
The Velvet Underground
The White Stripes
The Who
Beck
Elliott Smith
Weezer
Espers
Led Zeppelin
Primus
Stephen Malkmus
Sufjan Stevens
The Kinks
The Beach Boys
Meat Loaf

In 2 weeks I'll be taking guitar lessons once a week until the end of the school year along with my best friend. Our tastes in music is way different. He's more of a hard rock/"metal head". Those are just some of the bands that I listen to above. If you wanna get to know these bands just ask me and I'll be more than happy to send you a song or two. So, what do you listen to?

I listen to mostly Rock, nearly any kind, these are my fav bands:
System Of A Down
A Perfect Circle
Disturbed
Mudvayne
Korn
Slipknot
Evanescence
Linkin Park
Fort Minor
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Three Doors Down
Switchfoot
Goo Goo Dolls
Papa Roach
My Chemical Romance
AFI
Seether
Tool

I like my music quite a lot, it is mainly Rock, Punk-Rock. I've heard most of those bands before, I like some of them but not all of them.

I play the Drums for a band I'm in which is mainly Rock, Punk-Rock, we are only starting out but we are getting better, It takes a while to get in Sync but it's all fun.

In Reply To Blitz
Yeah, it seems you enjoy everything from Christian rock to Heavy Metal. My friend likes heavy stuff too, but it's christian metal, since he's a christian. Besides Nirvana I can't say I like or listen to any of the other bands listed.

What's the name of your band?

I'm all for old school rock, none of the headbanger stuff.  The Eagles are probably my favorite (Joe Walsh ftw), and I do like The Beatles and Meat Loaf (lol still makes me laugh :p) and others.

Arcanine out.

Stuff like sum 41 and lost prophets for me though I don't really care much about the music I'm listening to. I'm no longer a very musical person lol :(

Nowadays I mainly listen to assorted Video Game music, and various Rock/Metal/Techno bands. I'm trying to learn my way around a keyboard at this point, so I can read and write my own music.

i like rock and havy metal.These are one of my favourites:
rock:
Linkin park(my favourite band)
(Heavy) metal.
Iron Maiden
Metalica
Bullet For My Vallentine

Thy

I used to think that I didn't like music. That's because I wasn't willing to go out and find out what's out there besides all of the stuff you hear on the radio. The 60s is probably my favorite decade in music. The Beatles, Stones, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Kinks, The Velvet Underground, David Bowie, The Beach Boys, and plenty of revolutionary, hall of fame artists all started back in the 60s. I just can't listen to a lot of contemporary, adult contemporary, new pop, metal, hard rock (today's), 80s, or all of this gangsta rap stuff.

I also listen to:
Pavement
DJ Shadow
The Flaming Lips
Kanye West
Elton John
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Clash

If any of you guys really don't care for the older stuff (though you really should give some of it a listen) then you should try out Radiohead or Pavement. They're two of the best bands of the 90s-today.

I usually like to listen to upbeat songs. Like pop or techno,
Not really a fan of slow songs...puts me to sleep. :\

But I do listen to them occantionally. (sp?)

So yeah, when it comes to music I like ta listen to the upbeat stuff. :cool:

I really just like anything fast moving, or just with a good beat. It depends on the song more than it does the band who sings it...
But, alot of what I like is Classic Rock. And horror movie soundtracks...lol Like the Halloween Theme.

Dir En Grey
Tool
In Flames
KoRn
Eminem
Young Jeezy
Marilyn Manson
Three Days Grace
Staind
System of a Down
Buckcherry
Linkin Park/Fort Minor/Styles of Beyond
Atreyu
My Chemical Romance
Avenged Sevenfold
Trivium
Dragonforce
3 Days Grace
A TON more.
P.S. Primus scares the crap out of me, but they are cool. They literally send shivers down my spine. Especially with Mr. Krinkle.

Back