Yet More Charizard-EX, ‘Wild Blaze’ Cards Revelaled [2/14]

So many Charizard cards. :p
While the artwork on both of the Charizard-EX's are awesome. The Goodra artwork is amazing!
Very interesting that a Dragon type requires a Fairy type energy, I wonder why they choose to go with that?

So massive support for Charizards! Even Charizards themselves, especially the one with attack, which allows you to attach 3 energy to it, now that will be the right mania for this Pokémon. Were there ever another Pokémon with so many “hype“? I so like Lysandre! Pokémon Catcher without coin flip is BACK! Cool! In combo with Team Flare Grunt, I'm sure, they both see play in no time in many especially disrupting decks.
Blacksmith and Secret Ash are for the Mega Charizard, which discards top 5 cards from top of your deck… Maybe I'm beginning to feel excited. By the way: Secret Ash – LoL! Secret ash Ketchum? :D OK, end of my topic, I can't wait 'til this set come up!

Pretty Charizard cards <3
I'm so glad I pre-ordered both Wild Blaze and the deck!

It should be "Sacred Ash" :p
I think it's a great card in lots of decks, now we need one for Energy >:3 Blacksmith is the best Acceleration Card I've seen in a while, and this'd be fun to draw tons:
Flame Torch -> Flame Torch -> Blacksmith
Lysandre is pretty cool too, and Goodra with Tool Scrapper is a hard counter to Garbodor. The Flare Up Charizard-EX is best, and Goodra will probably be our Prerelease Promo.

Im coming to the realization that Flashfire may bankrupt me.

Thanks Obama. (and TPCI and Charizard)

ALL HAIL GOODRA!!!! GOODRA+DRAGONITE FOREVER!!! GOODRA FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

That first charizard ex....I'll be damned if that's not the ugliest card I've ever seen...

The other ones are straight ballin, though. I like how nothing is blatantly overpowered but synergises nicely and should provide some really cool strategy and combos.

That Goomy! <3 <3 <3 Best 5ban art I've seen in a while. The others in the line look awesome as well. :D

I like both Charizard EX, but the deck one is definetely way better! The first one looks a bit derpy, but still pretty cute, while the deck one is just soo sick! Glad I just pre-ordered another deck (figured it would be cool to have a sealed one).

I hope we get the Promo Charizard from coro coro somehow, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was japan only. Anyone know if coro coro promos usually are exlusive to japan?

this is insane, you can get T1 150 damage easy :/. That's not even counting Lasers or Muscle band. Lysandre is how they should have made catcher in the first place, so kudos to that. It gets past Goth/Trev/Togekiss, which is really nice. Goodra is interesting, thwarting Tool Drop, Garbodor, and Virgen (Although Charizard already puts Virgen in the grave unfortunately). I can maybe see it working a thin line into Garchomp since dragon call, but idk.

Prince Dedenne said:
While the artwork on both of the Charizard-EX's are awesome. The Goodra artwork is amazing!
Very interesting that a Dragon type requires a Fairy type energy, I wonder why they choose to go with that?

if you notice almost every dragon has a unique combination of types, from what i notice non are the same, so guess they figure fairy is only one not taken

Riraito said:
Pretty Charizard cards <3
I'm so glad I pre-ordered both Wild Blaze and the deck!

jap pre-order or English?

Japanese, I don't collect English anymore.

I'd totally buy another deck if I had the money, having a sealed one would be nice.

RagingxLapras said:
Prince Dedenne said:

if you notice almost every dragon has a unique combination of types, from what i notice non are the same, so guess they figure fairy is only one not taken

Yes, because Salamence, Druddigon and White Kyurem don't need Fire and Water... XD

So glad I pre ordered a deck and 4 booster boxes on ami ami now! I wonder if the charizards will be under printed? Hype plus rarity = £50 cards or more on ebay I suspect

Now these cards are interesting.

With all these unique supporters we're getting I wonder if Magnezone Dual Brain could be a viable deck, ESPECIALLY now that we have catcher in supporter form.

I wonder...

with 300 damage possible on M-Charizard, do you think it's a damage number that's a little much for it to be tourney-legal??? I believe TPCi's opinion on overkill 1HKO cards that scream "Uber" should answer the concern regarding the legality of 1HKO cards without significant drawbacks in tournaments...

Why?

Although we have some cards that deal 200 base damage, the max amount of base damage seen on any pokemon was lower pre-ballista kyurem(PLS), as ballista kyurem was the first pokemon card with a most powerful attack that does 200 base damage, an amount that few, if any, pokemon can take w/o being KO'd without HP boosts(and almost all who survive w/o boosts are immune to all exes anyway thanks to abilities), but due to the high cost of such attacks that players with little skill find hard for them to get around and make up for such costs while getting KO'd by a skilled player, especially one w/ same deck that has other cards to fix the problem of such a steep cost of attack use, those cards are not as game-breaking as M-Charizard looks like in flashfire, in terms of:

i. 1HKO cards at the time of initial release, as 300 damage for 1 attack + no energy discarded after attack(in contrary to attacks from black kyurem-ex(PLS) and genesect-ex(PLB))+ no other strings attached to influence that damage(e.g., tools, energy count, weakness, etc.) = 1HKO of all pokemon of all deck types the tcg has ever introduced, and...

ii. there being little to no skill required to do the 300 damage: inferno fandango emboar and/or blacksmith, as well as first-and-second-turn energy prepping, and your mega charizard ex is all ready to do its work, meaning you have to play the power, or suffer trying to play around it...

Back