• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega/Vespiquen

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
~~Pokémon(25)~~

4-4 Vespiquen AOR
4-4-3 Yanmega BREAK STS
4 Unown AOR
2 Klefki STS

~~Trainers(31)~~
4 Professor Sycamore PHF
3 N FCO
2 Lysandre FLF
1 Judge BKT
4 Ultra Ball FLF
4 VS Seeker PHF
3 Trainers Mail ROS
1 Special Charge STS
1 Revitalizer GEN
4 Bursting Balloon BKP
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR

~~Energy(4)~~
4 Double Colorless Energy XY

Any advice for my list?

I would definitely suggest running 2 Judge for 2 reasons:
  1. Should you go first and get setup, a T1 Judge may really disrupt your opponent's hand.
  2. Running 1 Judge is quite risky. Should your only copy be prized, this may lead to a disadvantage when you can't attack with Yanmega or Yanmega BREAK.
Consider replacing your 3rd N with another Judge.

A 3rd Yanmega BREAK seems excessive to me. Consider replacing 1-2 of these Pokémon with Level Ball which can greatly help you get a few of your
18 <90 HP Pokémon out faster.

Lastly, consider replacing 1 Trainer's Mail with 1 Eco Arm in order to recover and reuse discarded Bursting Balloons.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thank you for your suggestions! [ ^ vvvv ^ ]

I actually originally ran 2 of both N and Judge, but I found that I was having trouble with consistency. The 3-1 split is a lot more consistent.

Should you go first and get setup, a T1 Judge may really disrupt your opponent's hand.
Unfortunately, a majority of the time I am not set up turn 1. I would rather have the extra N to increase the odds of getting setup quickly.

Running 1 Judge is quite risky. Should your only copy be prized, this may lead to a disadvantage when you can't attack with Yanmega or Yanmega BREAK.
It is incredibly easy to play a few cards to get down to 4. I very rarely find myself not being able to play down to 4.

I'll definitely try replacing a Yanmega BREAK and a Trainers' Mail with 2 Level Ball. I don't really feel like I need the Eco Arm. I used to play it, but I don't often play all of my Bursting Balloons. It wasn't very useful most of the time.

Back