• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega STS / Tsareena

festizzio

Desu
Pokémon: 19
  • 4 Yanma
  • 4 Yanmega
  • 3 Yanmega Break
  • 2 Bounsweet
  • 2 Steenee
  • 2 Tsareena
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 41
  • 4 Judge
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Professor Kukui
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Devolution Spray
  • 3 Revitalizer
  • 2 Timer Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 0

Strategy:

The goal is to get out Yanmega attacking for 100-120 for 0 energy each turn, as soon as turn 1 (going second). Tsareena is for some hand disruption and to prevent as much as possible Hex Maniac chains. I'm also waiting for Choice Band to make this deck a real star and 2HKO anything. I don't have much Garbodor or Vileplume in my local meta so I'm not worried too much about those. Thoughts? Critique? Thanks!

Last edited:
If you're not going to run any energy at all you'll want some more switching cards. Maybe a 1 of Olympia in case something without the float stone gets switched to the active. Olympia can be found with VS Seeker so even if you discard it early it's not the end of the world.

A few comments for your consideration:
  • First of all, it seems to me that you'll need some Level Balls to help get more Basic into play faster. Since putting resources into your discard pile is not critical to your game strategy (I presume), consider replacing all 3 Acro Bike with Level Ball.
  • Instead of a 4th FoGP Stadium, have you considered running a Delinquent as another opponent's hand disruption tactic?
  • Why no Sacred Ash or Super Rod?
  • Btw, chances are you may lose the first prize (e.g., given the relatively low HP of your Pokémon). So, running an Ace Trainer (for either the 4th Judge or Shauna) could cause further opponent hand disruption.
  • Lastly, Lysandre, IMO, is too valuable not to run more than 1 copy; which if prized, can place you at a disadvantage. Consider replacing 1 Yanmega BREAK with another Lysandre.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

If you're not going to run any energy at all you'll want some more switching cards. Maybe a 1 of Olympia in case something without the float stone gets switched to the active. Olympia can be found with VS Seeker so even if you discard it early it's not the end of the world.
Thank you for the suggestion! That actually makes sense, if they Lysandre out a Shaymin under item lock, I have no way to get him out. I removed 1 Timer Ball for an Olympia, since 3 I feel is too many. EDIT: I actually decided to swap Olympia for a Delinquent, since I don't have many Deciduplume decks around here so I'm not too worried about item lock. I also feel Delinquent helps against Hex Maniac chains which I'm more afraid of.

A few comments for your consideration:
  • First of all, it seems to me that you'll need some Level Balls to help get more Basic into play faster. Since putting resources into your discard pile is not critical to your game strategy (I presume), consider replacing all 3 Acro Bike with Level Ball.
  • Instead of a 4th FoGP Stadium, have you considered running a Delinquent as another opponent's hand disruption tactic?
  • Why no Sacred Ash or Super Rod?
  • Btw, chances are you may lose the first prize (e.g., given the relatively low HP of your Pokémon). So, running an Ace Trainer (for either the 4th Judge or Shauna) could cause further opponent hand disruption.
  • Lastly, Lysandre, IMO, is too valuable not to run more than 1 copy; which if prized, can place you at a disadvantage. Consider replacing 1 Yanmega BREAK with another Lysandre.
I hope you find these comments helpful.
Thanks for your feedback! I tried swapping Level Balls in and they work much better than Acro Bike was. Good idea! I feel like I need FoGP every game, so I don't know about removing one of those...I can try to take something else out, I like the idea of Delinquent. Sacred Ash or Super Rod aren't great since I can just Revitalizer anything back to my hand, but maybe a Brock's Grit. I'll test it out, I have to be careful not to run too many supporters. I'll also try to fit in an Ace Trainer. That's a lot of supporters O.O. I've always ran 1 Lysandre and I've never had any problems, I tried 2 in the past but they always clutter up my hand and never feel necessary. I can't OHKO a Shaymin right now, so I can't even use it for a quick two prizes.

I'm updating the post now with the changes I've made!

Back