Yanmega Prime TR - Doing 140 damage for no energy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySamuel

Ladies And Gents: I'm Back!!
I was thinking of a deck to make and looking through my deck I found out I could make a Yanmega Prime deck. Now, at first, he looks like an average prime card. He has 110 HP, and has a PokeBody, along with two attacks. Now, taking a closer look into the PokeBody, Insight, it allows you to ignore all energy nessasary to attack--but only if you and your opponent have the same amount of cards in their hand. That means Sonicboom does 70 for no energy! :D It also ignores weakness and resistance. As most of the metagame dosen't have weakness to grass, it isn't that big of a deal. What's good is that it takes off resistance. ;) Now, what first comes to mind right away is Judge and Copycat. You are going to need 4 of each in your deck as its your key to attacking without energy. Also, consider running 3 to 4 (Let Loose) Girantina for the same reason Judge and Copycat are in this deck. The worse situation you can be in with Girantina is him ending up being your starter. so, to pervent this from happening, run 3 Sableye from Stormfront. It's just a great starter--worth all of the money its worth! Also, run 2 to 3 SSU (Super Scoop Up) from Unleashed to reuse Girantina's Let Loose. I wouldn't recommend SSU, as you risk a coin flip. So in replacement, run 3 to 4 Seeker. It helps much better than SSU, as it lets your opponent pick one up, too. That can help create donks! Sure, it takes up the Supporter for the turn, but its worth it in the end! No matter what, run one Luxury Ball and 3 BTS (Broken Time-Space). I wouldn't even run any energy, but just in case, run 3-4 Warp Energy and 2-3 Psychic Energy. Like any other deck, include Pokemon Collector to snatch Girantina and Yanma from your deck. Lastly, before I display the list, run 2-3 Expert Belt. It gives Yanmega 130HP and SonicBoom does a whoopin' 90 damage--just like the ever powerful Gyarados!
I'll give a list of what we have so far...
Pokemon: 12-13
3-3 Yanmega Prime (3 TR - 3 TR)
4 Girantina (PL #9 Let Loose)
3-4 Sableye SF
T/S/ST: 17-19
4 Copycat
4 Judge
2-3 Expert Belt
3-4 Seeker
1 Luxury Ball
3 BTS (Broken Time-Space)
3 Pokemon Collector
Optional: 2-3 SSU (Super Scoop Up)
Energy: 5-7
3-4 Warp Energy
2-3 Psychic Energy
Overall Total: 39-44
There are at the most 16 slots to fill in. Before I go on, I HIGHLY recommend NEVER running any Lucario GL as not that many Pokemon in the metagame have weakness to grass and besides, Sonicboom isn't even effected by weakness anyway. If any, run 2-3 Crobat G, as their always useful; meaning 3-4 PokeTurn would be enough. As there is a lot of space left on your list, run 2-3 Uxie LA and 2-3 Azelf LA. Azelf is there to use its PokePower, Time Walk, to locate prized Yanmega, Yanma, and Girantina. But, if you use Time Walk and don't find anything good that you need, your in bad luck. After that, Azelf is just going to sit on your bench for the whole bench; unless you run SSU. Uxie is there for its draw power. Use its PokePower, Set Up, and you can draw cards until you have 7 cards in your hand. Also run 2-3-4 Black Belt from Triumphant to increase Sonicboom's base damage by 40. The only downside to Black Belt is that it only works when your down in prizes (if you have more prize cards left than your opponent at the time the card is played). So, if we add up all of our "attack and HP boosters," Sonicboom would do 70 plus 20 for Expert Belt and plus 40 for Black Belt--in total, 130 damage! That's an attack that could blow your opponent away! For even more damage, consider running 2-3 PlusPower. That means SonicBoom is doing a massive 140 damage--for NO energy!

Well, this is my conclusion. :( I hope you learned atleast a little about Yanmega Prime--a card that could change the metagame! :D See ya guyz later!

Sounds like a good idea although Giratina says Up to rather than an exact 4.

VS Seeker is highly important in this deck. It allows you to grab Judge or COpycat out of the discard. This will help with the consistancy and give Yanmega a higher percent in attacking for no energy.

Dark Sonic J is right. Giratina says up to four, and you draw first. So, you draw, lets say, four, and then your opponent can draw less. You can probably find a way to use the extra card(s), but just in case.

Second, I don't see why Uxie and Azelf aren't listed in the skeleton. Every deck needs 2 Uxie and most need 1 Azelf, and I think it's needed here. I know it's in the suggestions, but I feel it should be in the skeleton. Plus, you missed some useful techs (In my opinion). For instance, Sunflora (HS) could be a great addition in this deck, helping set up quicker. And, Cherrim (SF) could work if one find themselves a few damage short of a K.O., and Cherrim (AR) could be used if one finds that they keep getting K.O.'ed.

And yes, VS Seeker is very important to this deck, like Rush17 said.

Interesting deck and i might try this one. Now to the bad part...
JaySamuel said:
It also ignores weakness and resistance. As most of the metagame dosen't have weakness to grass, it isn't that big of a deal. What's good is that it takes off resistance.

But NOTHING (maybe 1 older pokemon) has resistance to grass aether, i think more pokemon has weakness than resistance to grass.

And whats with the "doing 140 damage for no energy". Do it how?

@Aburame Yuki: He explained in the last few sentences how you would do the 140 damage.
So, if we add up all of our "attack and HP boosters," Sonicboom would do 70 plus 20 for Expert Belt and plus 40 for Black Belt--in total, 130 damage! That's an attack that could blow your opponent away! For even more damage, consider running 2-3 PlusPower. That means SonicBoom is doing a massive 140 damage--for NO energy!

~A+G

140 for 0 is not going to work. Yanmega is a speed deck, so you won't get the Black Belt boost if everything is going according to plan, because you shouldn't be behind in prizes.

^That, plus once/if you have 1 prize left, you will never be able to use Black Belt. Besides, almost all of your Supporters will be going toward Seekering the Giratina or Judging or Copycating. Black Belt just doesn't fit in.

Because of the reasons stated above, dont run Giratina. Instead add 2 or 3 Uxies, 1 Uxie Lv X and 1 Azelf. Also max on your Sableyes for maximum consistency.

VS Seeker is a good idea to recycle Copycat and Judge. Also add 2 or 3 Bebe's Search or Pokemon Communication to get Yanmega out. You can use Collector turn 1, Bebe turn 2 (with Impersonate) and then wreak havoc with Yanmega.

I would rather use 4 smeargle UD. That way you can use the opponents supporters to set up and then use copycat/judge to get the same amount of cards in hand. And no giratina...

you need a dialga counter
if you cant stop it, it will pretty much beat you just by leveling up

i would say blaziken fb and 2 or 3 fire energy

^^^^^^^^^^True, Dialga G X is a really bad threat to Yanmega as it takes off its Insight Poke-Body... ~JS

Luxray is also a huge threat to this deck, and I would say it's still slightly more common than DGX. I wouldn't waste space on running Giratina (for all the reasons already stated), and VS Seeker is a MUST HAVE card in this deck. Run all 4! Ditch Blackbelt since your going for speed, and no deck should plan on playing from behind. You need to be hitting for 70 turn 1 or 2, because it's not a ton of damage comapred to what other decks can hit for in the same amount of time (Gyra, Donphan, SP, etc). It's definitely an interesting deck. Good luck.

Could a yanmega prime deck potentially make use of staraptor FB Lv.X to continuously draw supporters, but it may be unnecessary and more trouble than it's worth.

It COULD work, but you'd
a) rely more on and eventually run out of Judge, Copycat, etc., and
b) lose your advantage of speed.
So it would be fine if you want to slow the pace a bit, but as a speed deck, getting out a LV.X can be pretty annoying (although the 0 retreat cost certainly helps).

WhimsicalBox, please do not post in a thread that did not have any posts in the past two weeks (14 days). It counts as reviving a dead thread.

*Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back