Yanmega.... how to counter?

Catcher will eliminate whatever is splashed in with Yanmega. I catcher your magnemite/ton/zone and blow it up before it is effective, or do that with all the other support.

Yanmega isn't really the problem, it's the fast stall that Yanmega brings to let the powerful stuff set up behind it.

Zhaituki said:
Equally. There's too many ways to describe it so not telling any.

So getting two searchable cards occurs as often as getting 3 Energy, one having to be in the discard pile, two Energy in hand ready to be attached, a Reshiram, a Cyndaquil, and a Typhlosion? That's not percentage, that's just luck.

Zhaituki said:
Which is the reason to run 4 candies.

As you yourself have stated, 4 of a trainer is no guarentee you'll get it when you want it, right? That's why you think catcher won't change the metagame drastically, right?

I know some of you Finnish players have trouble understanding English sometimes, so let me see if I can make this as clear as possible:

Having a T2 Typhlosion Prime and a Reshiram with 3 Fire Energy means you got very LUCKY. There is no way you will have a Typhlosion Prime and Reshiram w/ 3 Energy on T2 very often. Yanmega Prime requires 2 cards, and MAYBE a Judge/Copycat. There is no "equally likely" about the two.

You really ought to stop trolling, Zhaituki. You're making yourself look stupid.

Zhaituki said:
Rare candy is wanted more often than catcher, there's many ways to try get both stage 2 and rare candy in same hand.

How is setting up a basic with 3 energy, and a stage 2 as fast as setting up 1 stage 1 with no energy...

Sorry to be rude, but it's common sense. I understand that reshiphlosion is a good deck, but yanmega is faster.

Yeah I have a feeling that he is trolling. When I asked him about the kingdra yanmega matchup, he said something about cincinno and killing water arrow kingdras, and then insulted my intelligence. If it is true that he is 21 years old, I doubt that he is this immature.

There is no way that he belives that he has the same odds of getting setup second turn as a yanmega deck. I can do the math for him if he wants.

Amt said:
Having a T2 Typhlosion Prime and a Reshiram with 3 Fire Energy means you got very LUCKY. There is no way you will have a Typhlosion Prime and Reshiram w/ 3 Energy on T2 very often. Yanmega Prime requires 2 cards, and MAYBE a Judge/Copycat. There is no "equally likely" about the two.

Hahaha true this. Yanmega's friggin' ridiculous, and you gotta catch him off-guard early. Then, Catcher late. I'd think that you'd need to use Yanmega, to counter Yanmega. :\ You could take advantage of his Lightning Weakness and use Magnezone Prime, but that's just too slow. GAH.

And remember guys. Discuss countering Yanmega. Not Zhaituki. C'mon.

The only deck that can do that is DonphanDragons. But Yanmega should have reached its peak at Nationals. People will be more prepared for it come worlds. The lower baby count is a start. I don't know what the Japanese have on their sleeve as well.

Ty W said:
But once again, how are you going to get damage on the zekrom?

bolt strike....

y'know, I feel as though I'm just repeating myself due to nobody reading my posts. I've explained in full detail how you can get damage on zekrom enough to knock out yanmega without yanmega being able to OHKO your zekrom....but people are way too focused on that guy defending his favorite pokemon

here we go:
zekrom vs. yanmega: here's the few scenarios

1.) if zekrom is sniped on the bench, use switch to bring it up with a DCE. OHKO.
- in the event you don't have switch, by the time they've evolved, hopefully you've been attaching enough energies to your active to retreat it.

2.) it zekrom is hit as active, attach DCE. OHKO.

3.) if the opposing yanmega hits your other pokemon, then you only need three turns to build up bolt strike anyway. so they may get 1 KO from sniping by the time you have 3 turns to attach an energy per turn. bolt strike. OHKO. at this time you have 40 damage on your zekrom to do 60 damage with outrage, x2 means 120 which means OHKO. if they attack you with sonic boom for 70, you still have 20 hp left, meaning they need 2 hits after you bolt strike to KO you. you've now taken 2 prizes. (40 + 70 = 110. 130 - 110 = 20). in the mean time, you've had 3 turns since the bolt strike turn to attach enough energies to your second zekrom to use bolt strike again. which means from the time you use your first bolt strike, they will take 1 prize for your 2. you win.

4.) you run ZPS and get the lucky first turn bolt strike. you win. (I really shouldn't have to explain why....read scenario 3 again and you'll figure it out)
- in the event you don't get the first turn bolt strike, you'll almost always get the second turn. if not, then by the third turn, refer to scenario 3.

And if you would've read the post that I was replying to, then I wouldn't have to repeat myself. He said zekrom with a dce. He never said that he played lightning energy. Zekrom with a dce alone only does 40, which does not help.

then refer to scenarios 1 and 2...and if they don't hit your zekrom, then obviously don't attach a DCE to it. "oh no! what if they judge you!" then get the DCE back...everyone forgets about energy exchanger....

And you get four cards. Unless you run four EE, chances are slim. Especially early game when your deck's pretty full.

if you use one early on then junk arm it later....many people run 4 junk arm anyway. you'll only need to run 2 or 3. and if you don't need it, then it can be an easy choice to be one of the discards for junk arm.

oh and since everyone's all "we have to fight fire with fire....instead of water or sand!" then add yanmega into ZPS. slows down ZPS a turn or two (scenario 3) but then you also have yanmega in your deck as well...they're doing a bunch of work to match your cards for yanmega so just run off of that. free retreat means you can start building zekrom right off the bat with energies.

Back