XY143 Shiny Magikarp Promo

I held off on ordering the box as I wanted to know how the shiny Magikarp would be released (I'm in the UK) and didn't notice the small print saying it was included in the box. It does seem really odd that they wouldn't put it alongside the Gyarados promo, although thanks to this article drawing my attention to the small print I've just ordered two boxes.

I realize that this shiny Magikarp isn't exactly game breaking but I sure hope this card isn't a UK only card. I've always hated when one place gets cards that don't exist for anyone else, which I think dates back all the way to the majority Vending Machine cards.

Maybe this will be secret rare in our Fates Collide set?

I realize that this shiny Magikarp isn't exactly game breaking but I sure hope this card isn't a UK only card. I've always hated when one place gets cards that don't exist for anyone else, which I think dates back all the way to the majority Vending Machine cards.

I don't think it will be exclusive, there will be a release of it for America. If it was a stamped promo like the TRU one you just got it could be exclusive, but being part of the XY promo set I'm positive it won't be

I'm guessing the Magikarp is underneath the Gyarados in that box. Unusual, but they've done it before, particularly in tins.

I don't think it will be exclusive, there will be a release of it for America. If it was a stamped promo like the TRU one you just got it could be exclusive, but being part of the XY promo set I'm positive it won't be

Don't count on that. Back in the D/P/Pt era France got two promo cards that were part of that promo set that we never got in America. Granted they were regular cards in our Arceus set but still, they were also part of the full promo set and we never got those in American promo form, holo or otherwise. Also again refer to the Vending Machine cards in Japan, I think we got three cards from that.

And when one considers how often we get cards that are the same in set but are different in artwork or not all...

That being said though, I do agree that in this case you are probably right. I expect it would be released in maybe the next one or three pack blister that is released for Fates Collide in May.

I swear to sweet Arceus, if this is the secret rare for fates collide I will make a gyarados deck with all secret rare Magik are in it.

I just really wish that the US would get the UK exclusive jumbo cards. I really love the jumbos and I've got a small collection of them but I really wish I had a consistent way to obtain then. So far I've just been using eBay but it's really hit or miss. Anyone care to hook me up? :p

I'm dying over that awesome Magikarp. Epic splash ftw!! Idk how the US gets it, but I was like 90 of them.

I doubt it, they wouldn't give out a numbered Black Star Promo in one place and then make it a normal card in the US. There would be a nice blank spot for collectors.

Back