• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-ON: Pure Night March

JimmyLicua

Licuadora Master
Do you guys think night march (Without Vespiquen's help) will be a viable deck in the next format? I do, so here my decklist where I've tried to fix the problems that night march will have in XY-ON.

Pokemon: 14
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 4 Lampent
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Revive
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Dimensional Valley
  • 2 Color - Drained City
Energy: 7
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Lighting Energy
Strategy:

The main Adjustments I've made for this deck are the addition of 3 revive, 2 Color - Drained City and getting 4 muscle bands instead of three or just two. As night march players will need to be more careful about how many night-marchers we discard, we will need 4 muscle bands and 2 Color-Drained city in order to get more damage to balance the fact that Being Careful discarding night-marchers means discarding less nightmarchers and that means less damage. As we will run out of joltiks and pumpkaboos because there is no Mew EX Anymore, we will need Revive to recover those Joltiks and pumpkaboos from the discard pile.
The last Very important card we can't delete from this decklist is Trainer's Mail. I run four copies in order to find those key trainers such as Revive, Muscle band, Teammates, Lyssandre, Any stadium...

Feel free to share your opinions below! ^^

Honestly Night March might have a shot especially with the trump ban, but I don't know if it will top anything, at least not pure night march. Vespiqueen/Nightmarch or Nightmarch/eeveelutions will probably stand above as they can then attack for super effective hits. I do like your set up, but i would say that color Drained city will probably just do about 2 pts of damage before it's taken off, I think it will be more prudent to take out both colore drained citys, 1 Battle Compressor, run 4 D-Valleys, and maybe 2 Proffessor Birch's Observation/2 more Shauna. I would also try to fit a pokemon Fan club to help search out Shaymin, and a specific Night march.

Honestly, I'm kind of mixed on Shaymin-Ex in this deck. Shaymin is amazing for draw power but at the same time, that's an easy way for your opponent to get two prizes. Drained City is another one as well, it's good but you're better off running Dimensional Valley.

If you do ever want to take out those cards here's a few ideas I've got.

-2 Shaymin-EX
-2 Drained City

Option 1:

+4 Unknown
-
Option 2:

+2 Combee
+2 Vespiquen

Option 3:

+2 Bunnelby
+2 Acro Bike

These are only some of the ideas you could do and there are quite a bit more you can do. I hope this helps.

Shaymin makes Night March too good, it's kind of the same idea as running Jirachi in old decks. I think Night March doesn't fully operate anymore without Shaymin nowadays. Plus you can always sky return if you are too worried about giving up 2 prizes. Set up into more night marchers, or BC or ultra ball or a supporter is just too necessary, I think. But adding unowns could be cool to make up for it, or Vespiquen is a good option.

Honestly, I'm kind of mixed on Shaymin-Ex in this deck. Shaymin is amazing for draw power but at the same time, that's an easy way for your opponent to get two prizes. Drained City is another one as well, it's good but you're better off running Dimensional Valley.

If you do ever want to take out those cards here's a few ideas I've got.

-2 Shaymin-EX
-2 Drained City

Option 1:

+4 Unknown
-
Option 2:

+2 Combee
+2 Vespiquen

Option 3:

+2 Bunnelby
+2 Acro Bike

These are only some of the ideas you could do and there are quite a bit more you can do. I hope this helps.

Personally, I dislike the idea of removing Shaymin Ex from night march. As Oscar Said, it makes the deck so good. If you are fast enough, shaymin should not be a problem because your opponent should better be worried about how to deal with the insane amounts of damage nightmarchers can do.
Talking about the color drained city.Everyone is recommending me to remove it from the deck, I´ll have to test it with and without this stadium. If I had to remove both copies of it, I would add The fourth Valley and a Hex Maniac

So it would be like:
-2 Color Drained City
+1 Dimensional valley
+1 Hex Maniac

Thanks for helping guys :cool:

Last edited:
How much success are you having with this deck? I'm thinking of trying it out.

How much success are you having with this deck? I'm thinking of trying it out.
As XY-ON is not in force yet I haven´t been able to play a real game but I have tested the speed and consistency of it at the first turns of the game and it is working very nice. Anyways, if you want to get this deck you should better go for a stardart decklist (With Mew EX, N, ace specs...) and change it when next format gets in force.

I'm more interested in the new format as I'm only just getting into the TCG - if expanded becomes a thing in Europe then I'll obviously be more interested in the 'older' stuff like Mew EX, N etc. and the classical Night March deck lists. I gave it a quick build on PTCGO and won 2, lost 1. It lost when I just didn't get any set up cards at all (think I had something silly like 3 dimensional vallies and some other situationally useless stuff) which I'm putting down to a bit of bad luck. Nice deck list and something I will keep an eye on when the new rotation begins.

Back