• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard XY-On: M Ampharos EX / Seismitoad EX

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 3 M-Ampharos EX (AOR #28)
  • 4 Ampharos EX (AOR #27)
  • 2 Seismitoad EX (FFI #20)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS #77)
  • 1 Hoopa EX (AOR #36)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Ampharos Spirit Link
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Energy recycler/Sacred Ash
  • 4 Rough Seas
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energy: 12
  • 8 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:

This deck has actually been working very well for me and what I like to do is first turn (if going second) get of a quaking punch and doing that to slow your opponent down for a few turns while you set up a mega Ampharos or two and after that lock your opponent down with paralysis and when it comes back to your turn heal off the 30 damage done to yourself with exavolt with rough seas and consistently do that to take a victory sooner or later, any input or opinions are gladly welcome thank you.

Last edited:
Sounds like this deck relies on starting with Seismitoad, so 4 might do better than two and 4 Ampharos-EX seems to be too much. Professor's Letter shouldn't be that useful because of Shaymin and your draw Supporters. But if you're having that much success with this deck these may not be necessary. I think it's great from here.:D

Haha ya thank you so much I have thought on adding more Seismitoad as like you pointed out I want to start with it I might go 3-3 mega Ampharos line and 3 Seismitoad thanks again and ya I hadn't thought about it but you make a good point that I may not have to run prof letter thanks again for the input.

Haha ya thank you so much I have thought on adding more Seismitoad as like you pointed out I want to start with it I might go 3-3 mega Ampharos line and 3 Seismitoad thanks again and ya I hadn't thought about it but you make a good point that I may not have to run prof letter thanks again for the input.
No problem. :D

Take out Ace trainer for AZ, ace trainer is highly situational in point where your winning it's that 1 bad card in hand where AZ lets you reuse your shaymin and hoopa support cards for draw power, heals a mega amphy you would rather have the discard cards in the discard then have your opponent take another prize off of you. If you can find room energy recycler, I would put scared ash in here to, it's not about losing pokemon it's more about having the consistency to draw into them and not have to worry about juniper and ultra ball discarding, though there is alot of energy discarding cards in the format, if they break through with a ko and eliminate even 6 energy from your deck you can't really attack with much presence and with toad in this deck it just takes away DCE you would rather have on mega amphy and if your playing against something like mega man, primal kyogre, or the mirror it no longer just benefits you, it benefits both players. If you value the lock play vileplume or wobb don't play toad, especially with so many things that now take an easy prize against toad. Stick to 4-4, this isn't megaman where your basic EX is a utility attacker.

Back