• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard XY-On (M Aggron EX / Bronzong)

JoshB

The math didn't work out
Hey guys,
I have been working on a deck based around M Aggron EX, this deck is XY on.

Pokemon: 16
  • 3 M Aggron EX
  • 3 Aggron EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 1 Aegislash EX
  • 1 Dialga EX
  • 1 Heatran
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 Mountain Ring
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Steel Shelter
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Aggron Spirit Link
  • 3 Acro Bike
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Metal Energy
Strategy:

The main point of this deck it to get M Aggron EX out to use it's attack Megaton Slam. Megaton Slam does 120 damage and if you flip heads on a coin toss it does 120 more damage, but if you flip tails this attack does 20 damage to each of your benched Pokemon. I run a couple Aggron Spirit Links so that I can avoid wasting a turn Mega Evolving Aggron EX. This is a XY-On deck so I don't run cards like Victini or Cobalion EX. Other attackers include Dialga EX and Aegislash EX, I also run a Heatran just in case I match up against a Pokemon with the ability Safeguard. My last Pokemon line is Bronzor and Bronzong for energy acceleration. A lot of these Pokemon need 2 colorless energy so I run four DCE, along with 8 Metal energy. I have one Steel Shelter for special conditions and a couple Mountain Rings in case the flip goes wrong with M Aggron EX. I run quite a bit of draw support and VS seekers because I don't run Jirachi EX or Computer Search due to them leaving the format soon. A couple other supporters I run are Lysandre to control the field. Some items I run include Switch to control my side of the field, and Battle Compressor to help discard energy/useless cards into my discard pile for Bronzong. How does my deck list look?

Last edited:
Y U NO Wally?

-2 Evosoda
+2 Wally

For starters.

I do not like to use my supporter for the turn to heal, so I would recommend removing the Pokemon Center Lady. So:

-1 Pokemon Center Lady
+1 Battle Compressor (to get those energies in the discard pile ASAP)

Furthermore unless you are willing to end your turn when evolving your Aggron EX, you cannot attach the trick coin to it (when a pokemon has a pokemon tool attached to it you cannot attach another tool to it unless you remove the previous one). So:

-2 Trick Coin
+1 Trainer's Mail
+1 Muscle Band

Also completely ditch those Shield Energies since Bronzong cannot fetch them (note that they provide 1 metal energy only as long as they are attached on a metal pokemon). So:

-4 Shield Energy
+4 Metal Energy

Apart from these obvious additions, I would recommend trying to run at least 3 Trainer's mail since you will be searching for the spirit link/VS seeker/battle compresspr a lot (try to run all 4 of them if you can). You can also try to increase your Muscle Band number to 2 since it is very good on non Megas.

Finally one last thing: Mega evolution decks usually run a 3-3 evolution line +3 spirit links. But since you have alternate attackers it is not mandatory for you, but you can cut a couple of draw supporters to reach that number.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response, and I agree with everything you say! Honestly I am new to this deck so I don't know a whole lot about the play mechanics, I still have some deck testing to do.

Last edited:
If i was you id do the following:

-2 Ultra ball (Same as the card below this one)
-2 prof. sygamore (Discarding cards.... Good for compression but you don't always wanna do that)

+2 Great ball (Limited range but if it isn't good to discard cards during that point of the game.)
+1 N (Good in the beginning, but can also at end limit any trump cards from opponents if your both low on pricecards)
+1 Colress (No discarding situation hand redraw)

i see your discarding startegy but your now risking a deck out if the opponent has a bit of good strategy.

Hope it helps a bit.

but your doing pretty good.

I am not sure if taking out the Sycamore's keeps the deck very fast, plus this is a XY-On deck so I could not run N or Colress. I tried to run as many Birch's just in case I need to reshuffle my hand because I might deck out. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
Nice deck list, but I recommend you take out the Trick Coin for either a Steel Shelter or another Muscle Band.

Here are my recommendations:
-1 Trick Coin (You would lose the turn mega evolving if you put this on Aggron EX.)
-1 Steel Shelter (I feel Mountain Ring is better suited for your deck. Metal decks ran Steel Shelter to protect against Lasers and in XY-On, there aren't any lasers.)
-2 Wally (In this deck, you don't need Bronzongs Turn 1/2. Supporter could be better used turn 1/2. 4 Ultra ball and all that shuffle draw will find you the Bronzors and Bronzongs just fine.)
-1 Lysandre (2 is sufficient and you can use more with VS Seeker)

+1 VS Seeker (Maximizing this card helps a ton with consistency)
+1 Switch/Escape Rope (Not too sure on this one but I would be careful when discarding switches as almost all of your Pokemon have high retreat cost)
+3 Mega turbo (Here is a big one. This card will help power big M Aggron EX in no time. In XY-On it will be harder to power M Aggron EX up on the bench without Keldeo EX + Float Stone combo. Powering up the M Aggron EX in the active spot is your best bet using Mega Turbos, then charging up other attackers on the bench using Metal Links.)

Hope I helped!

Thanks for the input, here is a list of what I am adding after all the cards I am taking out:

+1 VS Seeker (I agree that adding this last VS Seeker will help with consistency)
+1 Acro Bike (I can use this card to draw, put supporters in the discard pile for VS Seeker, and put Metal Energy in the discard pile for Bronzong)
+2 Switch (My Pokemon do have high retreat cost, and when I have the M Aggron EX set up I should be able to protect it)
+1 Metal Energy (I have so many Battle Compressors and not enough energy, plus it will help setup another attacker if I need it to)

If anyone believes that these are the wrong cards to put in, please tell me and explain why it isn't.

Last edited:
Back