• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Legions of Mt. Moon (Noivern / Crobat)

Gentlefish

Hero of Truth
Noivern.jpg

The way this deck is SUPPOSED to work is getting Noivern into the Active spot to wreck house with Boomburst and avoid damage every other turn or so with Echolocation while the other bats spread damage around from the bench. I feel like it's got potential, but unfortunately it's inconsistent.

Pokemon: 21
  • 1 Hydreigon-EX
  • 2 Deoxys (ROS)
  • 3 Noibat (FFI)
  • 3 Noivern (FFI)
  • 4 Zubat (PHF)
  • 4 Golbat (PHF)
  • 4 Crobat (PHF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 3 N
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Wally
  • 4 Super Scoop-Up
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Roller Skates
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 3 Shadow Circle
Energy: 14
  • 5 Darkness Energy
  • 5 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

As stated before, the bats are meant to spread a lot of damage throughout the opponent's team in a timely fashion. Deoxys draws cards (haven't gotten it out t1 yet, though), buys time to set up and has Overdrive Smash just in case. Hydreigon-EX gives the Noiverns free retreat and also does handy things like taking on Suicune and Sigilyph and always damaging opposing Noivern. Wally/Evosoda are primarily for speeding up Noivern for reasons stated below, while AZ and Super Scoop-Up recycle the bats. Shadow Circle is kinda neat and also blocks opposing Stadiums (most notably Mountain Ring). Finally, Noivern is the star of the deck with its Boomburst attack and delightfully volatile Echolocation Ability (flips coin to avoid damage, dodges everything every turn except that kill move from Mega Manectric that you really needed to avoid).

Issues:

While the engine no longer sputters, it's remarkably inconsistent- some games I get a perfect hand, and others I get a Zubat and maybe Hydreigon and have to wait around forever only to get a currently-useless but generally vital card and a Sycamore in the same hand.
This is especially grating when facing EX-heavy decks (especially Manectric-EX). Since they set up so quickly, it's quite easy for them to get through Noivern's Echolocation when it's only got one Energy on and then start putting my bats through the shredder. That may be a necessary evil, though, and the deck tears apart other decks that need to evolve stuff just fine.
Energy conservation is also a problem, since a lot of the Pokemon in the deck are both Energy-hungry and easy to KO. This causes fuel to be inexorably drawn to the discard pile.

Older versions:
Pokemon: 18
  • 1 Hydreigon-EX
  • 2 Yveltal (XY)
  • 3 Noibat (FFI)
  • 3 Noivern (FFI)
  • 3 Zubat (PHF)
  • 3 Golbat (PHF)
  • 3 Crobat (PHF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 3 N
  • 3 Wally
  • 2 AZ
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Super Scoop-Up
  • 3 Roller Skates
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Shadow Circle
Energy: 14
  • 5 Darkness Energy
  • 5 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:
As stated before, the bats are meant to spread a lot of damage throughout the opponent's team in a timely fashion. Yveltal provides energy acceleration (in the rare event a Dark Energy gets in the discard, anyway) and buys time to set up with its surprisingly beefy 130 HP. Hydreigon-EX gives the Noiverns free retreat and also does handy things like taking on Suicune and Sigilyph and always damaging opposing Noivern. Wally/Evosoda are primarily for speeding up Noivern for reasons stated below, while AZ and Super Scoop-Up recycle the bats. Shadow Circle is kinda neat and also blocks opposing Stadiums (most notably Mountain Ring).

Issues:
The main problem with this deck is its complete inability to yield the cards I need when I need them. Even seemingly Evosoda/Wally-less evolution-centric decks get set up faster because when I need Pokemon I get a handful of energy and when I need Ns, Roller Skates or Ultra Balls I somehow draw all my AZs and Super Scoop Ups at once. Do I need more basic Pokemon? Do I somehow need more search cards? How am I going to fit in either when I'm already strapped for space between the search cards I've already got, the disruption cards I want, and the return-to-hand cards I still feel like I need?
The other issue (which falls under the first one somewhat) is getting the Crobat line out with any speed greater than that of molasses. I can't evolve them with Evosoda or Wally (speaking of which, I have more of those than I do Noiverns; I should probably change that) without skipping the Bite abilities, and as mentioned before I have a heck of a time finding anything useful. This makes the AZs and Scoop Ups somewhat irrelevant.

Last edited:
To help with consistency, I'd recommend adding more draw supporters.
-1 enhanced hammer
-1 startling megaphone
-1 Lysandre
-1 roller skates
-1 Wally
-1 professors letter

+2 ultra ball
+4 Professor Sycamore

These can be shaved off because they aren't necessary to the strategy of the deck. Sycamore will help get you the cards you need and ultra ball should help with evolving the pokemon.

+2 ultra ball
+4 Professor Sycamore

These can be shaved off because they aren't necessary to the strategy of the deck. Sycamore will help get you the cards you need and ultra ball should help with evolving the pokemon.

Thanks! I'm working on applying the edits now (I'm a bit low on both of those). Makes me a little worried about decking myself out, but I guess it should be manageable.

EDIT: It's definitely faster now! However, I still find myself getting left in the dust or unable to keep the damage up, so I'm thinking I need to add some Muscle Bands and a Robo Substitute or two. I'm also considering adding a 1-1 Trevenant PhF for item lock.

Last edited:
i have seen some variant with espurr and meowstic instead of the bats, you could try that out , remove the bats then you will have more space for trainers or item card :p but yeah bats are also great too :D trick coin,trick coin! never mind im just kidding or am i o_O.... xD

Last edited:
I think you could cut the crobat line down to a 3-3-3 and maybe add 3 trainer's mail?

Hard Charm can help keep Noivern alive longer if your flips fail.

Rainbow Energy could replace a few of the Dark/Psychic so you always have what you need.

Careful of Rough Seas too. A deck running that kills anything Noivern does.

Back