• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Kingdra / Electrode / Shaymin EX

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
So, I was wondering how you could do maybe a speed Kingdra turbo deck that just went about hitting people for 150 damage and w1n on prize trades with EX heavy decks that populate my local meta. Hoping people can help with some suggestions of how to make this better.

Pokemon
  • 4-1-4 Kingdra (Alpha Growth)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (RS)
  • 1 Swampert (PRC)
  • 2 Manaphy (PRC)
  • 1 Dedenne (FF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Energy Retrieval
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
Energy:
  • 5 Water Energy
  • 3 Electric Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

So strategy is to use super fast turbo style play to get out a turn 2 Kingdra and then just keep swinging for 150 every turn. Loads of card draw and options.

Last edited:
I used to play Kingdra actually! :) So, first, Kingdra is sooo much better with Double Dragon energy because it gets you powered up in one turn.
Also, Sycamore still stays in the format. Take advantage and play 4.
With Sacred Ash, you don't really need Revive to get back Pokemon.
Finally, 4 Energy Retrieval? I would take some of these out in favor for energies.

Definitely play Professor Sycamore. You can cut the Electrode line because if this is for XY-On, Electrode will be rotating.

Darn, I thought electrode was more current (pun slightly intended) than that. Ok, probably will run some sycamore then, just I was playing him in a tourney yesterday and I kept finding I would rather, like every time almost, either VS seeker an N or just play an N over sycamore now LTC is gone. I just hate having to discard stuff that is actually super vital. And N keeps your deck bigger for longer, which with fast drawing decks is important, that's why I was liking Ace trainer, just as disruptive as N a lot of the time, but better in the late game. And Birch (or shauna) I like cause again, they shuffle in not discard.

With DDE, I did wonder how it interacts with Kingdras attack? Like can you discard one DDE and no basics, or do you have to discard two cards?

The revive was more to combo with the battle compressors for a one turn horsea or voltorb, but I guess that isn't an issue now voltorb is out. I see sacred ash as much a minor anti deck out tech as an actual way to get back pokemon.

Without the voltorbs I think I am gonna be mulleganing a lot, and there is a 1 in 3 chance I will be starting with a shaymin. Is there any other pokemon maybe that could help? Maybe a couple of those draw Manaphy from PRC? They make good starters if you can get a water energy out straight away. And late game can recycle Horsea, Seadra or each other.

I've edited the deck list to reflect these changes,

(Also thanks for whoever took the time to reformat the topic, sorry if I didn't get it right, it was written from my phone)

Last edited:
Darn, I thought electrode was more current (pun slightly intended) than that. Ok, probably will run some sycamore then, just I was playing him in a tourney yesterday and I kept finding I would rather, like every time almost, either VS seeker an N or just play an N over sycamore now LTC is gone. I just hate having to discard stuff that is actually super vital. And N keeps your deck bigger for longer, which with fast drawing decks is important, that's why I was liking Ace trainer, just as disruptive as N a lot of the time, but better in the late game. And Birch (or shauna) I like cause again, they shuffle in not discard.

With DDE, I did wonder how it interacts with Kingdras attack? Like can you discard one DDE and no basics, or do you have to discard two cards?

The revive was more to combo with the battle compressors for a one turn horsea or voltorb, but I guess that isn't an issue now voltorb is out. I see sacred ash as much a minor anti deck out tech as an actual way to get back pokemon.

Without the voltorbs I think I am gonna be mulleganing a lot, and there is a 1 in 3 chance I will be starting with a shaymin. Is there any other pokemon maybe that could help? Maybe a couple of those draw Manaphy from PRC? They make good starters if you can get a water energy out straight away. And late game can recycle Horsea, Seadra or each other.

I've edited the deck list to reflect these changes,

(Also thanks for whoever took the time to reformat the topic, sorry if I didn't get it right, it was written from my phone)
N will rotate in XY-On so Sycamore is still very good.
With DDE, you only have to discard the DDE because it can be a Water and Lightning.
Yes, Manaphy is very good in this deck. I also tested a Dedenne tech for Yveltal and it's also a good starter.

Dedene is a good shout I will find a space for that.

I actually prefer ace trainer to N. Its better overall I think. N can be annoying to play early game because you can refill your opponents hand but late game when you are running on an empty hand with only a one or two prizes left and you top deck an N it's not a great feeling.

EDIT Just realised Ace trainer can only be played when loosing on prizes, that's kinda sucky, have taken out three in favour of 1 extra sycamore and 2 birch's observations. As I think that will work better. I still want one around just to VS seeker if in trouble.

Last edited:
Back