Discussion XY Farewell set?

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, So I know it'll seem odd, but I made my account just to share this thought, but I'll still use this account! Whilst looking at the XY japan promos, i saw many cards that never made their way over to the English sets. Please note that a lot of these are full arts! Were we cheated out of some cool full art cards? Some examples are, all the pikachu cosplay promos, Pikachu (#279), Jirachi (#235),Charizard (#276), Hoopa (#155), Giovanni's Scheme (#277), Here comes team rocket! (#278), and Megearna (#268). We also can't forget the full arts from the Best of XY set, that we didn't get. My prediction is we'll get a sub-set with these full arts, or if Pokemon continues down the path it's going a bunch of promo boxes.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Some of this stuff may or may not find it's way here at some point. I'm looking at some of those full arts from Best of XY, that is where the cards in the mega powers collection came from. I can see some of those coming out like that. There are others that we will probably never get like those Pikachu cosplay cards for example. That Jirachi #235 has already been released though as a promo though, in a BREAKthrough single pack blister.

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
Some of this stuff may or may not find it's way here at some point. I'm looking at some of those full arts from Best of XY, that is where the cards in the mega powers collection came from. I can see some of those coming out like that. There are others that we will probably never get like those Pikachu cosplay cards for example. That Jirachi #235 has already been released though as a promo though, in a BREAKthrough single pack blister.
Yea! The Jirachi I'm talking about however is a beautiful full art!

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, So I know it'll seem odd, but I made my account just to share this thought, but I'll still use this account! Whilst looking at the XY japan promos, i saw many cards that never made their way over to the English sets. Please note that a lot of these are full arts! Were we cheated out of some cool full art cards? Some examples are, all the pikachu cosplay promos, Pikachu (#279), Jirachi (#235),Charizard (#276), Hoopa (#155), Giovanni's Scheme (#277), Here comes team rocket! (#278), and Megearna (#268). We also can't forget the full arts from the Best of XY set, that we didn't get. My prediction is we'll get a sub-set with these full arts, or if Pokemon continues down the path it's going a bunch of promo boxes.
It's not going to happen. Why would they? How would they be able to market a bunch of full arts to people as PROMOS, when they are traditionally ultra rares? Why would they need to in the first place? The same thing happened in BW (based on raw numbers); there were 101 English promos, but 236 Japanese Promos.

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
It's not going to happen. Why would they? How would they be able to market a bunch of full arts to people as PROMOS, when they are traditionally ultra rares? Why would they need to in the first place? The same thing happened in BW (based on raw numbers); there were 101 English promos, but 236 Japanese Promos.
Yea, I just feel that XY had way to many unseen fullarts. :(

Pikachu6319

Scooby
In the cosmic scheme of Pokémon this is FAR from uncommon for X number of reasons. From the majority of Vending Machine sets to any VS cards released in second generation to Japanese half decks released with the movies to other assorted promos, not getting cards in English that were released in Japan has and will most likely always be a thing. Even if it makes no sense. For example the VS cards were withheld because many were evolved Pokémon that were treated as basics and that was just 'unheard' of and was 'too powerful', then two generations later we get SP Pokémon which are literally the same thing. As much as I'd like to see those cards odds are for whatever reason we won't see them, and for the record though some of them would be neat to see regardless I personally am sad we will likely never get that full art Shauna.