• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Xerneas/Keldeo Fairy Rush

jlynam90

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Novice

Pokemon: 18
  • 3 Xerneas EX
  • 4 Xerneas
  • 2-2 Aromatisse
  • 2-2 Surpluff
  • 1 Mr. Mime(bench protection)
  • 2 Keldeo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 3 Skyla
  • 3 N
  • 3 Colress
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Tool Scraper
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Scoop-Up Cycle
Energy: 12
  • 12 Fairy Energy

This is basically a fairy deck with a little beef added to it. Aromatisse and Surpluff are meant to stay on the bench for their abilities protected by Mr. Mime. I will never use Mr. Mime to attack, which is why I have no Psychic Energy in the deck. Xerneas EX and Keldeo EX are the main attackers. Feedback and suggestion are much appreciated!

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Of the bat, I'd take out Keldeo seen as without water energy his attack is limited to 50, I recommend Tornadus EX with Power Blast instead... Go all Fairy Energy and with Fairy Garden you'll always have free retreat cost (so no need for Rush In) and if you were to loose one energy through Tornadus EX's attack(50/50 chance of this happening) you could just move an energy to him if needed with Aromatisse's ability... Good call on Mime, some players aim to Knock Out the pokemon or atleast hurt it while it's still in the bench, consider adding another though, just to protect against prizing it...

Hope This Help :)

What do you think of this deck's competitiveness? I don't too much like tornadus ex just because I don't like the idea of the chance of having to discard energy.

I've seen a lot of people talking about using Raichu XY to counter Yveltal EX but I like Emolga EX better because he has more HP, hes a Basic, attaches energy to himself and still OHKO's Yveltal. I only bring this up because I run a fairy deck and I have an Emolga in there, but I play against a lot of Yveltal/Darkrai decks.

I can see the merit of using Surpluff as it just stops yout opponent from using Hypnotoxic Laser on anything with a Fairy energy attached which prevents OHKO but i feel that Virizion EX is the better option in that depeart because it's a basic with more HP. Of course, the downside is that it would require you to run Rainbow and/or Prism Energy. The upside being that you can run a plethora of different attackers to help you counter specific cards in the meta game, which would turn this deck into a fairy toolbox kind of deck. Whether you want that or not, is up to you.

-1 Xerneas (Just to make space)
-1 Keldeo EX (In this deck it would make for an awful attacker with a lack or water energy. I would just keep 1 as a retreat aid alongside Fairy Garden)

+2 Professor Juniper / Sycamore (More draw options means you'll have a higher chance of drawing into them. Dead drawing is never nice)

jlynam90 said:
What do you think of this deck's competitiveness? I don't too much like tornadus ex just because I don't like the idea of the chance of having to discard energy.

In my opinion in order for it to be competitive you'd still have to make some tweeks, for example, you are in need of a good secondary attacker, this pokemon could be a colorless energy pokemon or a Pokemon who is good against those who can exploit your decks weakness, in this case steel... You may have to discard energy, but I find that Tornadus Ex is a better card for this deck than Keldeo Ex, but I see what's troubling you... And afterall, it's your deck...
I've also read some of the other comments here and I encourage you to research in order to find the card that fits your style of gaming, websites like Bulbapedia found through the following link below are great for this type of thing... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tornadus_(TCG)

Now, I do really like Mewtwo EX. How about if I do this:
-1 Keldeo EX
-2 Fairy Energy

+1 Mewtwo EX
+2 Rainbow Energy

That still only gives Keldeo EX an attack of 90. I would really consider this:
-2 Keldeo EX

+2 Mewtwo EX

That sound better. What else do you suggest? Sorry, I'm just really getting back into it. Its been 13 years since I quit. haha.

jlynam90 said:
But doesn't emolga ex require lightning energy?

Sure but even one or two lightning energy will be enough because the rest can be fairy and he would take advantage of fairy garden at the same time. Just my small two cents, like I said I play against a ton of Yveltal/Darkrai decks in my area.

theliercat said:
jlynam90 said:
But doesn't emolga ex require lightning energy?

Sure but even one or two lightning energy will be enough because the rest can be fairy and he would take advantage of fairy garden at the same time. Just my small two cents, like I said I play against a ton of Yveltal/Darkrai decks in my area.

Emolga has free retreat

My version if I may

Pokemon
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 1 Xerneas EX
  • 2 Spritzee
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 1 Keldeo Ex
  • 1 Mewtwo Ex
  • 1 Furfou
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
  • 2 Fairy Garden
  • 1 Pokemon Center
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Energy Retriever
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Master Ball
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 3 Random Receiver
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 1 Elesa
  • 1 Skyla
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 4 Shauna
Energy
  • 14 Fairy Energy
  • 3 Double Colorless

Strategy:

Hey! I've edited your deck to coincide with the rules. But could you do me a favor and put in a legible strategem, please? Whereas I do understand what you meant, that doesn't mean that everyone else does. Also, please try to use proper spelling and grammar next time! Thanks, man! :D ~Kecleon

Back