• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Xerneas/Gardevoir variation (PTCGO)

jonathan627

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, newcomer here. I play ptcgo primarily and have been doing quite well with the attached deck. I am avoiding the soon to be rotated out Aromatisse but was wondering if anyone had any feedback. Thanks in advance!!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Florges-EX PHF 67
* 3 Gardevoir-EX STS 111
* 2 M Gardevoir-EX PRC 106
* 2 Xerneas BREAK STS 82
* 3 Xerneas STS 81
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71
* 2 Mewtwo-EX PR-XY XY107
* 2 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
* 2 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 N NVI 92
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Energy Retrieval AOR 99
* 2 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 14

* 8 Fairy Energy GEN 83
* 2 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111
* 4 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Attachments

• deck.PNG
    deck.PNG
    819.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hey. I think you have a great idea here but I dont understand the nees for m mewtwo ex and mewtwo. I think by taking those out and the double colorless it would open up a lot more potential to the deck. Two Mega lines is a lot to handle.

Advice number one; Florges EX gets rotated when Aromataisse does. Drop it. It seems to me Hoopa EX is also not needed here. Consider upping the Fairy Gardens to four and then putting in Diancie EX from Fate Collide, that card will do 110 damage a turn with Fairy Garden out. Sylveon EX could do well too (these are my replacements for my fairy deck upon rotation). A third M. Gardevoir EX wouldn't hurt either.

More out of curiosity I have to ask if there is a reason you're using Steam Siege's Gardevoir EX instead of Primal Clash/Generations Gardevoir EX?

Honestly I would drop the Mewtwo stuff. It's good but it's not needed for this deck. That being said you would then drop the psychic energy and probably the double colorless. make those all fairy energy. Remember Xerneas BREAK might not care what kind of energy is around but M. Gardevoir EX does.

Another Pokémon Center Lady or two might not hurt.

Advice number one; Florges EX gets rotated when Aromataisse does. Drop it. It seems to me Hoopa EX is also not needed here. Consider upping the Fairy Gardens to four and then putting in Diancie EX from Fate Collide, that card will do 110 damage a turn with Fairy Garden out. Sylveon EX could do well too (these are my replacements for my fairy deck upon rotation). A third M. Gardevoir EX wouldn't hurt either.

More out of curiosity I have to ask if there is a reason you're using Steam Siege's Gardevoir EX instead of Primal Clash/Generations Gardevoir EX?

Honestly I would drop the Mewtwo stuff. It's good but it's not needed for this deck. That being said you would then drop the psychic energy and probably the double colorless. make those all fairy energy. Remember Xerneas BREAK might not care what kind of energy is around but M. Gardevoir EX does.

Another Pokémon Center Lady or two might not hurt.
Hey thanks for the feedback! I didn't realize Florges was being rotated out too, like I said I'm still new, so I'll get that out for sure. The Hoopa sure is useful when I get it though, but am going to try your addition/subtraction advice. What is the benefit of running the older Gardevoir? I like the SS one as I can get that 100 damage for 2 attack fairly often before evolving into M Gardevoir. Gonna drop the mewtwo stuff and focus on fairies only for the most part. The mewtwo packed a big punch with its infinity attack, so what should I be primarily focusing on now? The M Gardevoir or the Xerneas Break? Thanks!

You should do okay without Hoopa EX. I've never needed it.

I guess for me with PRC Gardevoir EX I prefer the slight healing of the first attack and the ability to remove weakness for a turn from the second attack. At least to me it's better than relying on luck for having the exact amount of energy on Gardevoir EX as my opponent or losing an energy card which is the case for StS Gardevoir EX. My biggest goal however is to get M. Gardevoir EX out so it barely matters really.

I aim to have Xerneas as my starter (4 in the deck) so that it can power up two Pokemon on the bench, one hopefully being M. Gardevoir EX. That's one reason why I have M. Gardevoir EX as my main attacker; because Xerneas is meant for support. I haven't had the chance to test out Xerneas BREAK yet.

Well look at this way. M. Gardevoir EX does more damage (30x) for three energy. Xerneas BREAK does less damage (2ox) for two energy. It's a personal matter on rather the 10 less damage is worth the need for one less energy. You have the resources for both so I'd suggest just go with whatever option is best at the time. The one thing to remember though is that Geomancy attaches energy to other Pokémon. If you have another Xerneas out on the bench then you can work up for Xerneas BREAK. If not hopefully you've got Gardevoir EX out and can focus on that one instead.

Another thought, you might want to see if you can get mega turbo in there so you can attach a fairy energy to M. Gardevoir EX from the discard pile. That in itself might suggest to focus on M. Gardevoir EX as your prime attacker with Xerneas BREAK as your back up.

Back