• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Xerneas/Gardevoir Deck 2017-Format

DandoK

Aspiring Trainer
Just an idea I had. Any suggestions on how to improve the deck would be much appreciated. I'm fairly certain I want to play fairy next format so please make alterations that you'd think improve the deck.

Pokémon:14

• 3X Xerneas XY Base Set
  • 3X Xerneas BREAK XY Steam Siege
  • 2X Gardevoir EX RC
  • 2X Mega Gardevoir EX RC
  • 2X Shaymin EX ROS
  • 2X Mr.Mime Generations

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium:34

• 4x Trainers Mail
  • 4x VS Seeker
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 3x Max Elixir
  • 2x Max Potion
  • 2x Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 2x Mega Turbo
  • 2x Acro Bike
  • 2x Fairy Drop
  • 1x Lysandre
  • 1x AZ
  • 1x Skyla
  • 4X N
  • 4X Sycamore
  • 3x Fairy Garden

Energy: 12
  • 12x Fairy Energy

Edit:
+1 Xerneas XY
-2 Xerneas BREAK
-1 Mr.Mime
+1 Hoopa EX

+1 Max Elixir
-2 Max Potion
+1 Switch/Olympia
-1 AZ
+1 Energy Recycle

Last edited:
One problem I see here is the fact you aren't running a Lugia EX. Lugia EX is a great attacker for your deck. Not to mention Mewtwo is most likely going to be at least a somewhat valid threat. I also don't know why you seem to want Mr. Mime in your deck. What are you so afraid of that damages the bench? Primal Kyogre maybe, but that only hurts EX Pokemon and is actually quite slow. Primal Kyogre probably won't be common, however (unless someone like me is ballsy enough to play it lol). But seriously, what are you so afraid of that you need to run it? It will probably just be ultra ball fodder and get shut off by Garbodor/Hex Maniac/Wobbuffet

I'd make room for the Mewtwo reprint and get ready to tech in 1-1 Galvantula for the inevitable rain dance decks.
Also, what's the plan to deal with Mega-Ray? I suspect he will pick back up early in the format.

Mr. Mime might now have a place in the new format with M-Audino now being a "thing." If you played a supporter, M-Audino can do 50 dmg to ANY pokemon on your opponents benched pokemon. Can easily do damage to any EX or non EX pokemon and can potentially ruin a lot of decks that have low HP pokemon to begin with. Personally, I would increase the count to a 3-3 Mega line because if you have even one Mega or regular gardevoir prize, it will make it that much harder to get out. Maybe decreasing the Break count by one, and possibily one N as you have a lot of draw support to begin with (including shaymin of course)
. Just a suggestion!

Mr. Mime might now have a place in the new format with M-Audino now being a "thing." If you played a supporter, M-Audino can do 50 dmg to ANY pokemon on your opponents benched pokemon. Can easily do damage to any EX or non EX pokemon and can potentially ruin a lot of decks that have low HP pokemon to begin with. Personally, I would increase the count to a 3-3 Mega line because if you have even one Mega or regular gardevoir prize, it will make it that much harder to get out. Maybe decreasing the Break count by one, and possibily one N as you have a lot of draw support to begin with (including shaymin of course)
. Just a suggestion!
I edited the deck to a 3-2-1 gard 2 mega from steam siege 1 from generations as its a really good mewtwo check ill probably do another decklist soon as i want to build a deck to counter mega ray which will see play im thinking of zoroark jolteon for that

I am assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) you plan to start Xerneas preferably as a means to accelerate energy-attachment. If so, then I'd offer 2 suggestions for your consideration:
  • Maximize the Xerneas count to 4 in order to maximize your chances of starting that Pokemon; and
  • Perhaps incorporate either Ace Trainer and/or Teammates since your 1st - 2nd will be most likely, KOd taking the KO(s) "for the team." In doing so, your board should be set for taking prizes from that point on (hopefully).
AZ rotated-out; so, that card need to be replaced. Consider adding another Lysandre. Should your current one ever be prized, you may surely miss some key opportunities.

I'm not sure if the 4th Trainer's Mail is more significant than a 4th Max Elixir which can accelerate your opportunities to attack sooner taking prizes. So, conssider replacing 1 Trainer's Mail with a 4th Max Elixir.

I personally am not concerned at all about any M Audino EX decks... Although the World champion did extremely well with it; going forward, Zygarde EX decks may also become a "thing" which will, IMO, be a hard counter to M Audino EX decks. So, maybe only 1 Mr. Mime is warranted at this early point in the season.

Why no Ninja Boy? I'm finding thiis card to be extremely useful in setting up needed Pokemon, as well as removing certain Pokemon from the field too. Consider replacing 1 Mr. Mime with Ninja Boy.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I've been playing Geomancy Xerneas based decks for a while (for when I didn't feel like being "The Night March Player") and I think it's going to be the deck I stick with post rotation. I've been testing a lot online and in paper and I found that Mega Ray is a 50/50 match with no electric types in my deck. I considered Zebstrika, but found a matchup that was WAY WORSE than that and that deck is M Steelix/Clauncher/Carbink BREAK. I haven't ran into it online yet but have seen and played against multiple people at my leagues with it so I changed it to:

4x Xerneas
2x Xerneas BREAK
3x Gardevoir EX (Steam Siege)
3x M Gardevoir EX (Generations)
3x Fenniken (Fates)
2x Braixen (Fates)
2x Delphox (Fates)

After I built this deck I went 10-0 online and I'm taking it to league tonight. Basically, your A game plan is to get a bunch of energy in play and sweep with M Gardevoir. I've gotten some starts where I went second and had 5 energy on my first turn. (I almost feel like I always want to go second with this deck to live the Geomancy dream.) While you are setting up your Delphox, you have Xerneas BREAK for a back up attacker. With that start I just said, I played my 6th energy and break onto Xerneas and was doing 120 on turn 2. Then, if you need it, you can free retreat into Delphox and do MASSIVE damage at any point, I was hitting for 260 regularly. I realllllly like how this deck is playing right now. I have had the 1x Mr. Mime around in case of Audino and Greninja but I found I didn't need it.

One problem I see here is the fact you aren't running a Lugia EX. Lugia EX is a great attacker for your deck.

It used to be really good, much less good without Fairy Transfer Aromatisse IMO.

Why no Ninja Boy? I'm finding this card to be extremely useful in setting up needed Pokemon, as well as removing certain Pokemon from the field too.

In my first version I ran Ninja Boy but I'm finding with my deck as it stands, you're not too upset with any of the basics that you bench on turn 1. If you are, you always have Fairy Garden to free retreat. In the OP's deck and other decks for example, it's really bad to get a remoraid or shaymin as your starting basic and Ninja Boy shines there.

I ended up getting 4th place last night at league and got my revenge on one of the Steelix players so I can't complain. This was the deck list I ended up running: (I know I need Shaymin, haven't bought any yet, would replace 1 of each of the Gardevoir with it if I had it)

4x Xerneas
2x Xerneas BREAK
3x Gardevoir EX (I can't really decide which is better between Generations and Steam Siege but I'm playing SS)
3x Fenniken
2x Braixen
2x Delphox

4x Trainers' Mail
4x VS Seeker
3x Max Elixer
3x Gardevoir Spirit Link
3x Fairy Garden
3x Ultra Ball
1x Hex Maniac / Pokémon Ranger / Ninja Boy / (local meta call)
2x Lysander
2x N
4x Professor Sycamore

12x Fairy Energy

I ended up getting 4th place last night at league and got my revenge on one of the Steelix players so I can't complain. This was the deck list I ended up running: (I know I need Shaymin, haven't bought any yet, would replace 1 of each of the Gardevoir with it if I had it)

4x Xerneas
2x Xerneas BREAK
3x Gardevoir EX (I can't really decide which is better between Generations and Steam Siege but I'm playing SS)
3x Fenniken
2x Braixen
2x Delphox

4x Trainers' Mail
4x VS Seeker
3x Max Elixer
3x Gardevoir Spirit Link
3x Fairy Garden
3x Ultra Ball
1x Hex Maniac / Pokémon Ranger / Ninja Boy / (local meta call)
2x Lysander
2x N
4x Professor Sycamore

12x Fairy Energy

What is your reasoning behind running a 3/2/2 Delphox line? I run an almost identical deck but use a 2/1/2 line and 1 rare candy.

What is your reasoning behind running a 3/2/2 Delphox line? I run an almost identical deck but use a 2/1/2 line and 1 rare candy.

I thought about a 2/2/2 line but I wanted the 10th basic in my deck because that seems like industry standard so I went 3/2/2.

Back