Xbox 360 with old technology

Zora

I'm BACK!
Do you own a 360 and you can't read any words on the screen because your T.V. is too small? Yeah, same here.

I started playing Dante's Inferno. Amazing gameplay! But I can't figure out how to do the moves I unlock. It's frustrating how I can't read anything. It makes me want to sell the game until I get a bigger T.V.

Any thoughts/comments?

This unfortunately comes up in way more games than it needs to. Avoid Dead Rising and Mass Effect 2 (and Banjo-Kazooie N&B if you can't download the patch) I can't believe developers can oversee this these days but it happens. In my situation I used an LCD computer monitor and one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-VGA-HD-AV-Cable/dp/B000B6MLTG
also with these you'd need a place to plug the sound cables... the old TV could technically work as a speaker. lol

My computer monitor is actually a bit smaller than my old TV, but computer monitors have higher resolutions usually than an SD TV. You'd have to make sure your monitor has a VGA port
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/VGA_port.jpg
I'm not 100% positive if those old computer monitors that are very large and kinda look like an SD TV will have a high enough resolution but I believe they would. If you have the model or a monitor you and use and your TV I could probably compare.

I got the cheapest monitor at walmart a few years back for approx $120 and it was at a good enough resolution to see the tiny text.

This happened to me as well. It also happened when I played Condemned 2: Bloodshot. However, in Condemned 2's case, it was far worse. I could barely make out anything (which was a nightmare when it came to getting the perfect detective achievements), whereas in Dante's Inferno I could make out the words if I looked long enough or if I tried guessing at what they could be. However, it was still very hard to read, and my vision is perfectly fine. The television our Xbox 360 uses isn't exactly small, either. It's a medium size, I'd say (though I can't really say that confidently with the sizes of televisions these days). And I think my dad once mentioned it was HD, or something. *Shrugs*

So... If Dante's Inferno is hard to read for you, another game to avoid is Condemned 2. xD But seriously, I can't imagine how this could be a problem in this day and age. Most of the time they have plenty of room to fit larger text, so... There's barely any excuse other than them not caring. Heck, even a text size option in the Options menu would fix the problem. ~_~

(Also, have you looked at the unlockable artwork yet? They don't even have an enlarge option, so it's also incredibly hard to see. I guess it's also meant to be viewed on a giant screen, like the text. :/ )

You have a large TV and still have problems reading. It has to do with resolutions. You might be able to work with the current TVs you have if you can make use of the component cables(Green, Blue, Red) and flipping the switch on that cable to HD. Even if you don't have a "true" HD TV, if you have a place for the Green and Blue cables you should see improvement.
http://www.erenumerique.fr/images/jeux/20051116/Xbox_360_cable_avance.jpg

Here is an example of how the quality can change with the same screen size, but going from the old standard of 480i to using pixels with 480p

Composite Cables (Yellow, White)
wiihandson007.jpg

Component (Green, Blue)
wiihandson008.jpg

So see if you can make use of the better cables, because I think it's possible that they'd be legible in 480p. If you've ever tried to display tiny computer text on a TV screen you'd know how big of a difference it makes to have pixels.

thanks for the help. I'll try this and see if it works. and by the way, I'm a big fan of Legend of Zelda! haha..

Back