Xbox 360: recomendation for games?

LoneTyranitar

Lennon/McCartney
Im thinking to get myself an Xbox 360 soon but im not sure which games to buy. I am willing to play original Xbox games btw. Not a lot spending money ATM so i would prefer it to not be more than $25 (thats correct, i will not buy CoD Modern war 2). One more thing, i don't want to buy Fallout 3 just because i can sometimes get really addicted to RPG's and wasting too much time on video games is something i will not do. Anyway i know for a fact that i will buy Halo 3 (everybody bashes it but for some reason i still really enjoy it). So something that might act as a nice counterpart to the mindless/amazing action pace of Halo 3 would be cool. :p. Thanks in advance.

The Orange Box. Do not overlook any of the games in it, especially Team Fortress 2 and Portal
Crackdown
Earth Defense Force 2017 is a great mindless 2-player local co-op only game with friends. Might be hard to find.
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise if you're into something different than the typical 360 game.
Castle Crashers is a downloadable game that's simple and fun and can be played with 4 people.
Burnout Paradise is an interesting open world racing game where all the races are done in the same giant island with no restrictions. very realistic in everything but how crazy the cars can go.

It depends on what kind of games you're interested in or looking for, because if you just want more good first person shooter games those shouldn't be hard to come across.

I'm not sure if you'd count it as a counterpart to Halo 3, but Condemned 2: Bloodshot is a really fun game (in my opinion), though it's somewhat gory. It was released a while ago, so it should be down to the $25 range, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure.

I can't really think of any other games in the $25 range, but I hope whatever game you decide to get turns out to be really enjoyable. :3

Edit: Also, moving this to the Video Games section.

Why not buy some Microsoft points, and buy a game from the Xbox Live Arcade? There are lots of good games on that marketplace.

I think Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game. Along with CoD:MW2 and Halo 3 it's one of the few games for Xbox that I really like. And if it's too expensive then the original Left 4 Dead isn't much worse and should be cheaper.

MW2 (awesome, you will know what I mean if you buy it)

Bioshock1/2 (probably my first game that I've properly enjoyed)

Halo 3 (a very fun game to play multiplayer with your friends)

MW1 (awesome as the 2nd)

CoD: World at War (for Nazi zombies, although I can say WaR is better on PC I find for Nazi zombies)

The Organge Box (great deal)

Mass Effect

Fallout 3/ Oblivion (similar games; very fun and enjoyable)

@Everyone: Thanks for all the recommendation. Im new to 360 so your opinions help. Anyway im thinking the first Bioshock might be something to get when i pick up the Xbox 360. I'll probably start looking for MW2 and Left 4 Dead as well.

I'm a newer 360 owner myself, and I have been rooting out cheap games.

Condemned: Criminal Origins - Genuinely scary game. Ultra realistic and creepy.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Ridiculously fun and less than $15
Crackdown - Less than $10 and worth much more in play value.
Gears of War - I paid $10 for my copy and it blew me away. Great game.
Orange Box - I agree with the other guys, this one is a steal.
Dead Rising - If you're a zombie fan, this is a game you can't pass on.

there are a BUNCH of good games for the xbox but if your price range is between 25 then the choices have been narrowed. but i can recommend the following games under $25

battlefield: bad company
halo wars
skate
COD 4 or 5
gears of war
and the halo 3 mythic disk

Good Games;

Burnout Paradise
Armored Core 4 Answer
Halo 3
FFXIII
Dragon Age Origins
Dante's Inferno

All are really good.

I'm buying myself a new 360 today (last one was stolen), and I plan on picking up the 360 Elite Final Fantasy bundle. But I also plan on getting a new sports game. Is there any advice on what would be the best choice? Last sports games I have owned have been Madden 08 and 07, MLB 2K7, NHL 08, and NBA 2K7....So I do need an update in one of these. I'm really itching for hockey or baseball. But with the battle between EA and 2K, i don't know which one has better features.

LoneTyranitar said:
@Everyone: Thanks for all the recommendation. Im new to 360 so your opinions help. Anyway im thinking the first Bioshock might be something to get when i pick up the Xbox 360. I'll probably start looking for MW2 and Left 4 Dead as well.
Would you like to play with me when you get it?

Actually i have not bought a gold membership yet. I have been waiting to find out how good my internet connection is. I use an aircard so determining what the quality of online play is kinda important before upgrading. So far i have been able to successfully connect to the internet on it, I just have not set up my Live account. Im getting my gamertag today so i guess i will know soon.

The only reason I would not recomend a X-Box 360 is the incredibly high falirue rate. I'm not trying to critizise your decision, but 43% of 360's fail. That's still no reason not to get games like Oblivion, CoD:Mod2, or Final Fantasy XIII (The multiple disks are kinda annoying).

But above all else, get Fable 2. The only game where slaughtering an entire village is not an act of evil, but a great buisness opourtinity.

For Disc Format: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, The Orange Box (5 Games in 1)

For Downloads: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Peggle

shadoworganoid said:
Good Games;

Burnout Paradise
Armored Core 4 Answer
Halo 3
FFXIII
Dragon Age Origins
Dante's Inferno

All are really good.

Never, ever, ever buy Final Fantasy 13 or Dragon Age: Origins for the 360 if you don't have to. As far as Final Fantasy goes, it's not only because the three discs are annoying, but because you'll get a much better frame rate on the PS3. The game is supposed to look pretty, and it doesn't do it as well on the Xbox as it can on the PS3. Dragon Age: Origins is a PC game. The pausing and point-and-click strategy is obviously not meant for a console. Also, has there really EVER been a good console RTS? (Okay, maybe other than Tom Clancy's End War, but that was superior on the PC as opposed to Xbox so...) Oh yeah, and Final Fantasy 13 goes for like 60 dollars. lol.

ANYWAY, I own a 360 myself, and I have found myself playing Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, (a new DLC just came out, "The Passing". It's quite good) Splinter Cell: Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and on occasion Modern Warfare 1. Unfortunately, PS3 gets the better titles. Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Uncharted 2, that kind of stuff. Most of the multi-console titles are better on PS3 (except for Modern Warfare 2, because Infinity Ward loves Xbox way more than PS3, and way more than PC).

It all depends on what kind of games you like. There are some good releases coming later this year, like Fallout New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption; or you could wait until Gears of War 3 comes out next year. :p But considering your price range, there aren't many things you CAN buy. I'd go for used version of some of the games I mentioned above. Older games like Red Faction Guerrilla, Prototype, and the original Bioshock go for around 25 to 30 dollars used (even less if you trade in games towards new ones). I'm not a fan of the Halo series, but if you can't get Modern Warfare 2, that or Bad Company 2 are the best alternatives in my opinion (that and Modern Warfare 1).

Hope you get what you're looking for.

Gale said:
Never, ever, ever buy Final Fantasy 13 or Dragon Age: Origins for the 360 if you don't have to. As far as Final Fantasy goes, it's not only because the three discs are annoying, but because you'll get a much better frame rate on the PS3. The game is supposed to look pretty, and it doesn't do it as well on the Xbox as it can on the PS3. Dragon Age: Origins is a PC game. The pausing and point-and-click strategy is obviously not meant for a console. Also, has there really EVER been a good console RTS? (Okay, maybe other than Tom Clancy's End War, but that was superior on the PC as opposed to Xbox so...) Oh yeah, and Final Fantasy 13 goes for like 60 dollars. lol.

Halo Wars says Hi.

dmaster out.

Back