worth purchasing to start me off in pokemon again?

magikarp ex

wouldn't you like to know.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260253082358

i thought it looked good, and always wanted espeon*.
plus, considering the rarity of * pokemon, i want to know if i should get this, for colectable value or trade value, whatever's higher.

not a good deal. equal to 80 usd
celebi is 19 usd
alakazam is 20 usd
espeon is 30 usd
so it is just an average deal

plz tell if my exchange rates are wrong

they are legal until august or september. then after that, cards from diamond and pearl on are legal.

It can be worth it, but it does depend on what you want them for.
If you are a player, then don't get them. They say the cards are highly playable, but they really aren't.
If you are a collector, then it is definately worth it. It may only be an average deal to how much they are worth, but they are really rare (you would have to buy a lot of packs to get both Celebi and Alkazam*).
If you are looking to buy them and then sell or trade them on, it may be worth it, but only if you can get rid of them before September 1st. That date is important since that is when the sets those cards come in become illegal for the modified format. When that happens, their value is certain to drop, so sell/trade before Spetember 1st for best results.
And, if you always wanted Espeon*, go for it if you want the other two as well.
Hope I've helped!

im mostly colleting now, and gave up pokemon a year and a half ago, after my deck was stolen, after qualifing for nats. so yeah, these are just for collection purposes.

magikarp ex said:
im mostly colleting now, and gave up pokemon a year and a half ago, after my deck was stolen, after qualifing for nats. so yeah, these are just for collection purposes.

Yeah, if you are collecting, it probably would be worth. Considiring POP5 packs are already rare, let alone pulling the rarest card, it is a good deal in that regard.

If you were a player, however, I would buy a box of either Secret Wonders or Majestic Dawn.

Back