Worst video games of all time!

console: wii
game: mario party 9
reason: it's so bad i can't even explain. the game isn't even like other mario party games

don()shinobi said:
We've all seen and heard of people talking about E.T., Superman 64, Action 52, and other games well-known for being bad. Come ooooooon, let's see some truly bad games that didn't make it on those lists because people were crying over E.T. and the CD-i games.

Well then.
Game: Fable III
Console: Xbox 360
Reason: Completely ruined the Fable formula with meaningless story and horrible combat system. Completely let down anyone who had played the original two Fable games, even though it had nice graphics.

bacon said:
This.

Sonic 06 is unforgivable to me not just because it's a bad game, but because it totally tarnishes a series that I otherwise love.

I can look at stuff like Superman 64 and Action 52 and enjoy them for how hilariously atrocious they are. But in my opinion, a truly bad game strikes you on a personal level. I'm a guy who grew up with Sonic, it was a huge part of my childhood. Seeing him in such a terribly designed, unfinished and at points disturbing game (a human falls in love with Sonic) is just really saddening.

Sonic 06 is basically what you'd get if you had a magical machine that could convert fanfics into games.
Sonic 06 was Rule 34: The Game. I did laugh my butt off at Action 52, just like those cheap and crappy movies like "The Room", "Birdemic: Shock and Terror" and "Troll 2".

PokeMedic said:
Yeah -criticize something that the Angry Videogame Nerd didn't make you aware of in the first place.

Ok Medic, you're starting to be a borderline Troll, dude. I bought the NES in 2003, before the AVGN made his video. We're trying to have a relatively interesting discussion without being harsh.

Captain Oats said:
console: wii
game: mario party 9
reason: it's so bad i can't even explain. the game isn't even like other mario party games
It was a reboot of the series made by a different company, of course it's going to be nothing like the other Mario Party games. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't super amazing like 2 and 5 were.
Besides, you really want to play the same game for a 10th time (including Mario Party DS here)?

don()shinobi said:
It was a reboot of the series made by a different company, of course it's going to be nothing like the other Mario Party games. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't super amazing like 2 and 5 were.

I don't think Mario Party 9 was the worst game of all time, but it was definitely a terrible game that wasn't worth fifty bucks.

Seven wasn't super amazing, but it was still Mario Party. You felt like you were playing it because that's what you've come to expect from Mario Party. Nine took away a huge part of the strategy involved in winning by not only forcing everyone along the same path, but by completely changing the win condition that made Mario Party what it is. That, in my opinion, is their biggest mistake and the game's biggest downfall. I personally had high hopes for this game and I'm glad I pirated it because if I had paid $50 for this game I would have been sorely upset.

And also please can we be nice here, there's nothing wrong with agreeing with AVGN or submitting a game he reviewed, no one is saying you got it from him

I'd like to also submit Zoop for the SNES and various other systems. There are nearly 100 levels in it but the game is so impossibly hard that getting past the first 10 or so simply can't be done.

PMJ said:
Nine took away a huge part of the strategy involved in winning by not only forcing everyone along the same path, but by completely changing the win condition that made Mario Party what it is.

this is what i was referring to. it's not really a mario party game anymore after all this, it's just another party game with the mario lineup. I've always loved them, but imo the wii releases have been a huge let down, and this one is just really horrible.

my real vote still stands with vigilante 8 though

PokeMedic said:
Console: XBox
Game: Halo
Reasons: Brought first person shooters to the masses off of a PC format that was dumbed down and non-impressive by any standards of that day, least for Xbox. Made a lot of money, but contributed nothing towards innovation or creativity in the genre.

Console: Playstation 2
Game: Final Fantasy 10
Reasons: Praised for it's everything at the time, but it was all just cutscenes, walk around, cutscene, walk around, fight, cutscene, fight, talk, walk around, cutscene -there was no freedom in the game, just strictly go from point A to point B in a nice 3D world that was only there to tease you into thinking something meaningful was around the corner. You might say that all RPGs are like that, but that isn't really true -they offer a good non-linear gameplay experience.

I believe we have different definitions of "Worst Video Games of All Time"; perhaps Most Overrated would be more appropriate for you. If those really are the worst video games you've ever played then consider yourself lucky. I bought and still own a copy of Shaq Fu. I know not it may not be as bad as some of the games mentioned already but I wanted to get something else in the mix. Even though some games may not be bad, I find some to be almost completely unable due to graphics. Final Fantasy VII falls into this category for me. Its not a bad game but... I just can't stand to play it.

Just being honest, it looks so terrible that I haven't played the game in years. It was a good game, it hasn't aged well though. I enjoyed it when I was younger.

Game: Left 4 Dead 2
Reasons: Zombie killing is fun, we all know this of course! Left 4 Dead 2 has this, but what else does it have? Nothing. I mean sure, it had a storyline, as well as a few kewl ways to kill zombies, but there was nothing else to it. No incentives (unless you count achievements, which still mean nothing), just "Get from Point A to Point B." Waaaay to simple for my liking. As if this wasn't enough, it gets very repetitive. Complete the game, what else ya got left? Two games to play, one has horrid multiplayer (being the special zombie), the other one? Well, it's just gathering up gas cans for the survivors, whilst the special infected try to prevent this. Tbh, good zombie killing, but terrible game and way over-hyped in my opinion /ends rant

Equinox said:
Game: Left 4 Dead 2
Reasons: Zombie killing is fun, we all know this of course! Left 4 Dead 2 has this, but what else does it have? Nothing. I mean sure, it had a storyline, as well as a few kewl ways to kill zombies, but there was nothing else to it. No incentives (unless you count achievements, which still mean nothing), just "Get from Point A to Point B." Waaaay to simple for my liking. As if this wasn't enough, it gets very repetitive. Complete the game, what else ya got left? Two games to play, one has horrid multiplayer (being the special zombie), the other one? Well, it's just gathering up gas cans for the survivors, whilst the special infected try to prevent this. Tbh, good zombie killing, but terrible game and way over-hyped in my opinion /ends rant

PokeMedic said:
Console: XBox
Game: Halo
Reasons: Brought first person shooters to the masses off of a PC format that was dumbed down and non-impressive by any standards of that day, least for Xbox. Made a lot of money, but contributed nothing towards innovation or creativity in the genre.

Console: Playstation 2
Game: Final Fantasy 10
Reasons: Praised for it's everything at the time, but it was all just cutscenes, walk around, cutscene, walk around, fight, cutscene, fight, talk, walk around, cutscene -there was no freedom in the game, just strictly go from point A to point B in a nice 3D world that was only there to tease you into thinking something meaningful was around the corner. You might say that all RPGs are like that, but that isn't really true -they offer a good non-linear gameplay experience.

Console: PC
Game: Crime City
Reasons: It crashed all the 386 computers in my house.
You guys are lucky if those are the worst games you've ever played. A game isn't bad just because people in the mainstream like it. FYI, Left 4 Dead 2 was so much better than the original, simply because it wasn't buggy. If you're looking for realism, play Day Z.

PokeMedic said:
Sure, it can share the blame with Counter-Strike -no problem.

Mudkip-EX said:
You guys are lucky if those are the worst games you've ever played. A game isn't bad just because people in the mainstream like it. FYI, Left 4 Dead 2 was so much better than the original, simply because it wasn't buggy. If you're looking for realism, play Day Z.

I know I've played worst games, but that was off the top of my head. And not really, the original L4D you could smack off incoming Hunters, as well as a few other things (those weren't bugs). Tbh, I really can't wait for The Last of Us. This looks to be an amazing game, and for those who haven't heard, this is a little-know survival horror game that's supposed to bring A LOT to the table of survival horror games, and Naughty Dog is making it, so it's definitely worth a shot.

Console: PC
Game: Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.
Reasons: This should sum it up.
Language warning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF93TMT0QXY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcjobKbXHQ

Equinox said:
I know I've played worst games, but that was off the top of my head. And not really, the original L4D you could smack off incoming Hunters, as well as a few other things (those weren't bugs). T
...where did he ever mention what could stop a Hunter's pounce in that post?

don()shinobi said:
...where did he ever mention what could stop a Hunter's pounce in that post?

He said the original was worse, that was what I said in response.

P.S. 800th post!

Equinox said:
He said the original was worse, that was what I said in response.
Yes, but if the only example you give to try to prove yourself right about the--
You know what, I'm not gonna bother. This argument has already gone down the toilet anyway. This thread, rather. Flooded with opinions and not facts, IMO.

Most of this thread has gone down the toilet, haha. Only a third of the games mentioned in this thread could be considered "bad" in any way, shape, or form.

And I love L4D2. :[

don()shinobi said:
Yes, but if the only example you give to try to prove yourself right about the--
You know what, I'm not gonna bother. This argument has already gone down the toilet anyway. This thread, rather. Flooded with opinions and not facts, IMO.

That's not the only example, I just don't want to bother making a huge post on it. This thread is based on opinions. Know why? It's called "Worst video games of all time" where you expecting anything else? All Worst game ever lists are made by opinions. And sorry SL it just gets really old, really fast >_>

Or basically, I'm just gonna say this to you: "umad?"

Skyrim is a terrible videogame /sarcasm

What a flawed question. If by "worst" game of "all time," wouldn't the older games be at an immediate disadvantage due to design inexperience in the developing business known as video games?

I would prefer to answer the question of "which video game was most disappointing to me," as that avoids the problem I listed, not to mention that members like PokeMedic used this question as a criterion for selecting games for this thread (Halo and FF X, both would arguably failed to improve upon precedent games in their respective genres). On that note, I literally have nothing to nominate... except for Flash and Mobile games, all which have done almost nothing except occupy the time of people who couldn't think of anything better to do.

Disclaimer: I admit I play Puyo and Tetris, but I'm just flat out addicted in working on mental dexterity and speed in puzzle games. Also, losing matches is actually just as fun as winning them.

don()shinobi said:
Have you READ my post?
I'm pretty sure thats a fact.

don()shinobi said:

Yeah, because the word "worst" doesn't imply opinions at all. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE AN OPINION. Let's all use facts to prove our opinions oh, wait, we can't have those.

Mmmm, let's see. I would say [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie_Horse_Adventures:_Riding_Camp]this[/link] for Wii to be a troll, but I actually played and beat this once our of boredom. (sister's game)

And somewhat enjoyed it.
If you say anything, I'll slap you with a bit of a large trout.

Back