Event Worlds Senior Meta

In my opinion you can run the deck without gallade. But it works miracles against nightmarch. It makes them work for a ko against gallade. They don't want pumpkaboo, as if you discard the stadium, that's gg. Gallade therefore makes night March discard 7 night marchers. Something they don't want to do against YZG. Attach a muscle band, lysandre a Shaymin, or use target whistle, and there yu have it. A way to beat nightmarch at its own game. In my opinion, YZG works miracles against almost every deck in the format. Can beat nightmarch if you strategize, does well against water box, and everything else. Hits trevenant for weakness, and water box needs a lot of consistent damage to trade evenly with yzg. Therefore, I believe yzg to be a sleeper pick for worlds 2016
Oh NO!!!!!! Not ONE MORE NIGHT MARCHER!!!!!!!

If you are talking about Nolan @Gabking5458, I played vs him in Round four and my friend Joe played vs him in top 4. That was honestly a completely different meta where more decks were relevant. Nolan hit good matchups and played well for time. Also, Vespiplume and the NM/Vespi MU are not as you think. Generally, NM Vespi is slower which allows for Mega Man to set up fine and trade KO's evenly with it. If not evenly then at least is able to keep up the pace. If Night March doesn't get a lot of Pokemon in the discard turn one, then MegaMan can usually win and this usually happens when the NM player also added bees.

VS Vespiplume, MegaMan does not draw awfully off item lock with a good list and the whole point of Alex Hill adding Regirock in his states Vespiplume list was to counter MegaMan. It can OHKO Vespiquens and with enough of those KOed it can put Vespiplume in an awful situation.

Quad Zoroark>YZG. When I say that you win games by getting Gallade out, I mean that the consistency it provides is necessary. I don't know how it functions without it. I won a states because my opponents failed to get Gallade out (granted I was playing MegaMan and my finals opponent started with a hand of a Shaymins and all energies game one and dead drew game two so this may not be the best example.) IMO, If you aren't going to get Gallade out at all, then you may as well run Quad Zoroark.

One more night marcher can still be life or death.

PS quad Zoroark works the matchup better with the help of baby yveltal and has a better matchup against nightmarch. I forgot to mention captivating pokepuff can help you beat nightmarch too. I would say 60-40 for quad Zoroark, and maybe even 70-30 if you play the deck right.

Back