Worlds 2016 at San Francisco's Marriott Marquis, Dates

Hope you guys are ready to pay north of $400 a night to stay there ^_^

Seriously, though, the venue looks great and it's smack in the middle of downtown San Fransisco. This is going to be an awesome few days for competitors and spectators alike.

Took me ages to realise there's a Mewtwo in the picture x)

This place looks really nice o: The possibility of other things sounds cool too, I'd love to watch more competitive Pokken n' stuff like that.

Interesting. Only 3 days have been confirmed, but didn't last weeks evidence show that Pokemon had booked 6-8 days?

Interesting. Only 3 days have been confirmed, but didn't last weeks evidence show that Pokemon had booked 6-8 days?

Those dates were probably booked so that people who have to travel a long distance to get there don't have to come and go so quickly. Many people will want to stick around and do some sightseeing, I'm sure.

They always book more than they need for the actual tournament. They need to host all of the players which requires having an open gaming room and set up the main room before Thursday (the day before Worlds starts). It's just a nice safety net for them to have a couple extra days.

Sad I won't be able to attend this year, I've always wanted to go to San Fran for Worlds but I guess I'll just have to wait until 2018+ :p

Back