Worlds 2014 Decks Now in Stores! [11/3]

Even collectors won't want to waste their money on decks that contain no holofoil patterns. If the Pokemon Company International REALLY wants to make money, make the decks legal as they have standard backs, but boost the prices to, say, $40-50. They don't even need to include any Holofoil patterns on the cards, as long as the cards are legal.

I have to agree, spending any money to buy a deck without any holos and aren't legal at all on top of it is such a waste.

GadgetJax said:
Even collectors won't want to waste their money on decks that contain no holofoil patterns. If the Pokemon Company International REALLY wants to make money, make the decks legal as they have standard backs, but boost the prices to, say, $40-50. They don't even need to include any Holofoil patterns on the cards, as long as the cards are legal.

You can't sell these as legal cards for $50. The value of the cards in them are well into triple digits. If they did this they'd destroy the value of these cards, which they don't want to do. And it keeps people from buying packs, another thing they don't want.

I don't understand why they didn't make blastoise and yveltal decks. Plasma and accelgor decks were in the 2013 sets and the lists are very similar (outside of the trevenant and lack of prism energy). I do like the mega kangashkhan deck idea though, but honestly aromatisse will be around for 2 more seasons and will most likely have another deck printed in the future. Yveltal hopefully will be in next years worlds decks though

Also I do buy older worlds decks so I don't have to buy every individual card of a 2004-12 world deck, which can cost a fortune (like BLS).

daviduk2000 said:
Why do people buy these? I find zero value in them. However I do want the pikachu pin badge :(

I buy these to help newer players (and initially myself) understand how decks are designed and played at the highest level. Probably going to pick up the VirGen and Fairy decks just for reference sake.

GadgetJax said:
If the Pokemon Company International REALLY wants to make money...
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't print these Worlds decks every year if they weren't make a decent amount of money on them.

Agreed, WPM. I just wish I knew why these sold so well. This is probably about the only Pokemon tcg product I've never bought.

Well when I was 8 or 9 I bought one of these Scizor WC decks and thought it was the coolest thing. Believe it or not, buying that and inspecting the structure of the deck is the reason I never lost to my friends during recess. My guess is that these sell either to people that know the value increases on them pretty well, or to kids that don't have the money to buy the real cards for a nice deck.

Cool to see Kangaskhan get printed, it was a strong and unexpected deck that I almost played for Worlds.
I'm annoyed that they chose to repeat Accelgor AND Plasma over my deck... Toxicroak is probably not getting another chance to get printed. And Blastoise also probably isn't going to get printed, despite being a prominent force in the meta for multiple formats and top 4ing Worlds twice piloted by James Good (iirc) and Alex Croxton.
Also none of the names are particularly cool, but that doesn't really matter.

The meta was incredibly diverse and fun, unlike Nationals. Worlds Top 8 of seniors had eight different decks, and there were still other decent decks such as Empoleon, TDK, and Aromatisse that didn't get there.

Elbow said:
I don't understand why they didn't make blastoise and yveltal decks. Plasma and accelgor decks were in the 2013 sets and the lists are very similar (outside of the trevenant and lack of prism energy). I do like the mega kangashkhan deck idea though, but honestly aromatisse will be around for 2 more seasons and will most likely have another deck printed in the future. Yveltal hopefully will be in next years worlds decks though

Also I do buy older worlds decks so I don't have to buy every individual card of a 2004-12 world deck, which can cost a fortune (like BLS).

I agree 100000000% with you ! I feel that this year's decks are just misfortunate ... because :
1) Disclaimer : I know i would be honoured too if i won worlds and had my deck printed with my signature on it ... but ...
2) Why not print a deck that would actually sell ? you know AN EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND BRUTAL DECK like hmmm ... blastoise and yveltal ??? Yveltal is the best card out there if people would want to buy it for a) have it as a replica to test decks b) Its yveltal and everyone wants one of the best decks out there ...
3) Printing a deck that actually had the lowest price last year just doesn't make any sense ... If i wanted to have more people playing the game i wouldn't had them learn a truly strategic deck that "experienced players" only know to to function it ...
Strategy on yveltal = use energies,... strategy of blastoise = use energies ! That simple ...
4) again plasma was last year ... its all over amazon and ebay ... ugh...
5) I really don't know how to feel ... in fact i do ... a bit sad ... because a lot of people that
a)don't have money to play the tcg with real cards (landorus is 50$ and yveltal 30$ and so on ...) b) don't have an official tcg tourneys in their country, really adore the championship decks, because its the only way to play the tcg in real life and it actually makes them like champions and ... thats how i felt ... thats how i wont feel this year :(

ps dont call me selfish ... but its a pity that "cool" decks were just thrown away ... :p
Thanks for understanding and congrats to anyone who read the whole thing xD

I guess the world champ decks have been released for 20 years because people seem to love buying these things, although for me personally, I kind of wished TPCi just released $25 precons with the tournament legal card backs instead.

MTG intro pack is to Pokemon TCG Theme deck.
MTG event deck is to Pokemon TCG ??

This ?? is what I am referring to.

I guess some people like to recreate the final battle of the Pokemon TCG world championships. I wouldn't say the same for MTG though. Their world champ decks only lasted 6 years.

Back