Ruling Wording Question

HaunterX6

Ghost Master
Ok, now, i know these things occur often, but, i need a ruling on this, before i try and play it.

on the Slowbro from FRLG, it has the Poke-Power: Strange Behavior. "As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your pokemon to slowbro, as long as you don't knock out slowbro. This power can't be used if Slowbro is effected by a special condition."

K. so, pretty much, slowbro has 60 HP, so, he can absorb up to 5 damage counters, in all.

Now, here's my question. Say i have one FRLG slowbro in play, and one UF slowbro in play. i know technically, the pokepower- strange behavior, is meant to apply to THAT slowbro. But since it does not specify THAT slowbro, and says you may move damage counters to "slowbro", in general, would that be acceptable, to move them to the UF slowbro?

Again, im pretty sure it was meant to mean the FRLG slowbro, but since it does not specify, yeah.. just wondering.

I now form using (frlg) slowbro in a tournament that from asking the ref there Strange behavior means the (frlg) Slowbro in peticular.

Rickraptor77 said:
I now form using (frlg) slowbro in a tournament that from asking the ref there Strange behavior means the (frlg) Slowbro in peticular.

Ok then. so, another question- say you got 2 FRLG slowbros in play, and put an energy root on one. the energy root shuts off the ones pokepower. so, could you use the OTHER ones power, to move damage to the Energy Rooted Slowbro?

No. Whenever a Pokemon says anything like: "Slopoke is now asleep" It means the one that has the ability. It has that in the rule book.

It's self-referencing. "You may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokémon to this Pokémon as long as you don't knock out this Pokémon."

OKAY! To clear everything up Slowbro's Poke-Power refers to that Slowbro and that Slowbro only. If you have 2 Slowbro's in play you can use both Poke-Powers. If one has an Energy Root on it and the other one doesn't, the other one can use it's Poke-Power.

I hope I helped:)

Back