• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard WonderFreeze (M Glalie EX / Florges BREAK / M Gardevoir EX)

PatriciaWagon22

Aspiring Trainer
This is a BREAKthrough deck I made for experimentation. I didn't have much to work with so bear with me

Pokémon (21)
  • 1 Glalie-EX [BREAKthrough34]
  • 1 M Glalie-EX [BREAKthrough35]
  • 2 Piplup [BREAKthrough36]
  • 2 Prinplup [BREAKthrough37]
  • 2 Empoleon [BREAKthrough38]
  • 1 Vaporeon [Ancient Origins22]
  • 2 Gardevoir-EX [Primal Clash105]
  • 1 M Gardevoir-EX [Primal Clash106]
  • 2 Flabebe [BREAKthrough101]
  • 1 Floette [Flashfire64]
  • 1 Floette [Flashfire65]
  • 1 Florges [Flashfire66]
  • 1 Florges BREAK [BREAKthrough104]
  • 1 Lugia-EX [Ancient Origins68]
  • 1 Eevee [Furious Fists80]
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (24)
  • 3 Potion
  • 3 Poke Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Eco Arm
  • 3 Glalie Spirit Link
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 2 Brigette
  • 3 Skyla
Energy (15)
  • 7 Fairy Energy
  • 8 Water Energy

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to make the OPness of the deck as High as possible

@infernape1245 Yes, these are cards I have IN hand. I do have more, but not much, is there a way to improve it? and no, I DO NOT have any Shaymin-EX

When making a deck, it's best to focus on one theme or a few Pokemon to build the deck around. If you want to make a Mega Glalie deck, you should think of a way to set up Mega Glalie and use its attack as effectively as possible. If you want to make a Florges/Fairy deck, the same with that. Putting lots of different kinds of Pokemon in a deck like this won't really help you with either.

So the first thing is to decide your focus. The next thing is to think of cards that can help you with that- so Trainers. First and foremost, you need Trainer cards that can A. Draw you more cards, B. Search for Pokemon and C. Help you attack. Most people use Supporters like Professor Sycamore and Shauna to help them draw cards, Ultra Ball (Or, if you use Glalie, Dive Ball) to search out Pokemon, and items like Professor's Letter and Muscle Band to help them pick up energy and get damage out there. Look at some other decklists in the Deck Garage, and look at a lot of the common themes there. I don't mean for you to simply copy another deck, but to get some ideas of how they're constructed.

Finally, energy. Here you look at your Pokemon and the Energy that they need to attack, and put in enough Energy that they can get set up, but not so much that you end up filling the deck with Energy. Looking at Glalie, you'll want plenty of Water Energy, so maybe 6-8, and also some Double Colorless Energy to help power it up faster. If you don't like that idea, you can always use the Mega Turbo item to get energy onto your Glalie from the discard pile.

It may be a good idea to look at the following article for some more guidance. Be warned- it's very out of date, but should help you get an idea;

http://http://google.com/.com/2012/02/07/deck-building-101-theme-decks-wrong/

@infernape1245 I do have more, but not much, is there a way to improve it? and no, I DO NOT have any Shaymin-EX
Pokemon and Energy aside, your trainer line seems very lackluster. You should run the standard 4 Sycamore, 4 Birch/Shauna and 1 Lysandre. You should also use Ultraball instead of Pokeballs etc etc.

I also do not see the point of Eco Arm when you run a low amount of 'useful' tools and not many ways to discard them either.

I don't see the point of Vaporeon and eevee in your list, vaporeon does not count megas as stage 2's. Also this deck is really going to be inconsistent because the lack of draw support you have. I think you need to cut back on some pokemon because 21 is a lot the only deck I can think of that might have that much is vespiquen or mega rayquaza. Also I would replace potion with super potion because it gets more heal power or at least pokemon center lady.

Back