Wizard101/Pirate101 Discussion Thread

Ysmir

Retired Mod
Discuss strategies, why you like or hate it, or your adventures for Kingsisle Entertainment's family of MMORPGs.

Wizard101
Pirate101

I am a 4 year player of Wizard101 and it's whimsical magic graphics drew me in while the surprisingly challenging game play and deck building strategies keeps me coming back not to mention I love the references/inspirations drawn from Roman, Norse, Byzantine, Egyptian, Aztec, and Asian cultures/mythologies.

For Pirate101, I am almost 2 years in. (Got to play in Beta/Alpha). For me while both games share the same universe (The Spiral). Pirate101 has a darker but heroic nonetheless tone. It plays differently than Wizard101 (literally, it's a turn based battleboard) and the story is more driven, more adventurous in it's narrative. No doubt it's story is better written cause the writers at Kingsisle have learned from Wizard101.

The Story: (For those new to the game)

(2008-2010)
Wizard101 starts out as mischief breaks out all across Wizard Cit (main hub world). Where the Ravenwood School for Magical Arts is located. Headmaster Merle Ambrose teleports the player from Earth to help him combat the (yet) unknown menace. You find out that a former teacher named Malistaire has incited the chaos across the city. You find out why...Mailstaire has gone mad at the death of his wife, a teacher at the school as well. He plans to find a book called the Krokonomicon to bring her back to life.

Each different world you progress through trailing Malistaire has it's own problems you must help on. For example; Marleybone based off of 18-19th century Britain/England has troubles dealing with Cat gangs and the master thief Meowiarty. It's inhabited by humanoid dogs, rats, and cats. A common theme in both games is to model characters/creatures after animals. Another world Mooshu based off of ancient Japan and China has it's problems with the mysteriously ill Emperor. The player must also help stop feuding Warlords, Ninja Pig clans, and the release of Oni Demons who poison the land.

In the final world of the "Malistaire arc" Dragonspyre we see his true plan. Malistaire wants to use the Krokonomicon to awaken and control the Dragon Titan and use him to bring his wife back from the dead. This cannot happen as the last time the Dragon Titan was summoned it laid waste to the entire world of Dragonspyre. We must stop him.

(2010-current)

The next arc begins with the rediscovered lost world of Celestia. Which is based loosely off of Rome/Polynesian. In this arc an ancient nemesis of Merle Ambrose comes back onto the scene, Morganthe.

RE: Official Wizard101 Discussion Thread

I had played during the beta testing, but saw no point in returning once you had to pay to play the game

Well yeah it's a game but also a buisness you don't expect to Play WoW for free do you? No offense but not everything can be free all the time.

I play. Gabriel Battledust the Level 25 Death/Storm wizard. I actually like paying for the game, and it encourages kids to go outside and work for some money.

Funny, I downloaded the game for free yesterday and tried it. There was something about it I just didn't like. It was probably the lack of customization for your character. Also the deck thing was a little lame, IMO. I uninstalled today.

i tried it it made my computer nearly die from a virus so i had to remove it so it has a virus with it at least for me it did so i never play it anymore

Hmm yeah it was probably your computer cause I've never heard cases of Wizard101 download carrying a virus with it.

@Shadow Arceus To each their own

Lolz I have a Lv 49 Ice Talon Skyspear but I don't play it any more :( My dad thinks I was addicted to it (and he was right :cool: ) And what is Winter-Tusk? Is it new? Last time I was on was in mid-feb :(

I have an account, but I stopped playing. It got SOOO boring, and I hated the deck thing. I play neopets now :D

Star force what is your name (in the game of course)? Also what school are you?

Wintertusk is a new world that's being released Tomorrow.

My name is Alric Ravensinger Lv 60 Legendary Sorcerer.

It's funny how a lot of you hate the deck thing but play Pokemon where TCG is a big part and that has decks as well just this is a virtual deck versus a actual deck. Seems like some of you don't like to Strategize.

I actually stopped playing the TCG. Now I play the video games, which is strategy. Neopets is also strategy. Like what to buy, and how much to sell it for.

Lawl, you traded W101 for Neopets~ Nice move there!

Okay guys, let's come to an agreement: both are awful.

No. I've actually made over 100 dollars of off neopets.

I play this game. I have a female Pyromancer called Scarlet FairyWraith. It is a good battle system. It is a good a family mmorg exists. :)

Back