Discussion Winning Lists for Primal Kyogre EX / Zoroark?

socery

I love being bad
I'm having trouble finding a good list for the aformentioned deck. Anybody got links to city-winning or good lists in general?

why do you want to pair Kyogre EX with Zoroark? With the new ManaphyEX, Kyogre EX got free retreat if there's a water energy, so 6 water energy, 2 Primal Kyogre EX and a Manaphy EX are all we need for rotating attack, adding in Rough sea, dive ball, Palkia EX make a solid list

I thought the same about manaphy... however I believe we are looking at P. Kyogre in the wrong way. Kyogre has an issue of getting rid of its energy with its attack but it can make up for it with its ancient trait. So within my deck I treat it like an energy accelerator and not a main attacking pokemon. Some of my other posts have suggested the use of AOS Kyurem EX because of his advantage on night march. So if we start with kyogre and keep up a steady rate of tidal storms until we lose him we will have other guys, more adapt to the situation ready to go. So in that case if we use 4 kyogre we may only need to switch once or twice. So in other words my kyogre deck adpats to ANY situation by starting with a powerful, HP heavy, energy accelerator.

Any thoughts.

@socery There was an article posted called "Megaman and Me..." on the main PokeBeach webpage. This article was posted late January and featured 1 deck utilizing Primal Kyogre Ex and M Manectric EX. I liked the author's list, but will, no doubt, tweak it some to fit more my play style. Given the availability of the new BreakPoint set, there are also a few cards worthy of consideration for inclusion.

Let's discuss.

Hey @TuxedoBlack , Nice to be able to chat again.
Personally, I'm not a fan of Archies/Maxies unless it's archies' stoise. Howeverif I was to play the deck (@Serperior ) I would do these changes:
-1 Escape rope
-1 Lab
-1 Juniper
+1 Maintenance
+1/2 Shaymin
+1 Professor's letter
Overall, I wouldn't play this deck. Even with the proper engine, I still don't like the mega with the deck. I would be inclined to just play regular primal Kyogre/ Manaphy (or zoroark) in the future.

Thoughts?

@TuxedoBlack thanks for the shout out man!

I haven't done any testing with Primal Kyogre/Zoroark simply because of Vespiquen. It's a hard matchup because of the Weakness and just a couple Lysandres around Zoroark ruin you. Sorry that I couldn't really help here.

But if you don't have any Bees in your area, I highly recommend this deck to anyone out there.

Hey @TuxedoBlack , Nice to be able to chat again.
Personally, I'm not a fan of Archies/Maxies unless it's archies' stoise. Howeverif I was to play the deck (@Serperior ) I would do these changes:
-1 Escape rope
-1 Lab
-1 Juniper
+1 Maintenance
+1/2 Shaymin
+1 Professor's letter
Overall, I wouldn't play this deck. Even with the proper engine, I still don't like the mega with the deck. I would be inclined to just play regular primal Kyogre/ Manaphy (or zoroark) in the future.

Thoughts?
The Regional tournament (Midwest), if like in the recent years, could have a very large player attendance. There could be well over 400 Masters this year and there will be players, like before, outside of the greater Midwest. So, predicting the anticipated meta will be a bit difficult; but, I do expect to encounter certain decks too like Queen-Flareon, Bats variants, Yvetal-Toad, Blastoise-Keldeo, and NM.

I've been a huge fan of most Pokémon that can inflict damage onto opponent's Active and benched Pokémon. So, I do plan to test a variation of @Serperior 's deck some.

@Yo-yos Thanks for sharing the video.

Last edited:
I have ALMOST cracked the code to beating Bee's with Pogre... I will post more when I HAVE. When I look at Pogre his two enemies seem to be Bees of course and Night March. However Night March can be easily dismantled with Kyurem EX AOS and his glaciate (Energy acceleration with either Max Elixir or Pogre himself)

Back