Windstorm is an overrated piece of crap.

Lou Cypher

The melody of your defeat
It is. Seriously, how often did you get to use it where a normal stadium would suffice? The ONLY decktype which doesn't like Windstorm is RaiEggs. And both Raichu and Exeggutor only take 3 energy to take down should you run an average stage 2 Ex, or a low number of discards should you run Metanite, or 5 supporters in the discard pile should you use BanDoom, and the list goes on. Cessation Crystal is good for one or two turns before the wielder is utterly destroyed.

Small statistic. In the past 4 CC's, I had Windstorm maindecked (by advice) 3 times. In those 3 CC's I had played 15 matches. In those 15 matches I had exactly ONE situation in which I could use Windstorm, while I faced 4 RaiEggs. In the CC where I did NOT deck Windstorm, I got in 2nd.

I think youre right and wrong. In MetaNite, for example, you REALLY need it sometimes. lets say, he attaches a windstorm durig the first turns, that really nerves. Of course, they wait till you kill their Castform, but I dont think thats a must. In my League, when I play against Raieggs with MetaNite, that sometimes happens. And its stupid.

But I hate Windstorm. It just wastes space. And its one oft the most boring cards EVER!!!!

Greetings,

Polo

WHAT!!!??? Windstorm is NOT rubbish!!!
I'll admit, in my area, Windstorm is made a bit redundant due to te fact that very few people are playing tools, but in some areas, there are loads of tools going about, so Windstorm is vital. Also, remember, it can get around any Hariyama Ex (Dx) or Golduck (Hp) locks.
It's simple metagaming. Cess. Crystal and other tools running riot? Use 4 Windstorm! No tools in your area? Run NO Windstorms then!
This isn't rocket science!

I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!! Windstorm is one of the most useful trainers in the making! If you run a Stadiumless deck then your second choice would be Windstorm. And Windstorm also adds to tactical advantages against Pokemon Tool / Stadium users which will lead you to victory.

The times I had to use Windstorm are countable on the fingers of a snake. People keep telling me to add windstorm in nearly every deck I build. But in all reality, your own stadium usually does the job equally well. And your stadium is fetchable by more ways as a Windstorm, which you usually have to draw. Windstorm only works in stadium-less decks OR tool-heavy metas. And really, how much tool-heavy metas are around?

If you feel that windstorm is useless in a match, then simply discard it with 1 of your holon supporters...

-Just me- said:
If you feel that windstorm is useless in a match, then simply discard it with 1 of your holon supporters...
Amazing! Wow...someone actually hit the nail on the head.

It isn't overrated, seriously if Windstorm wasn't around then Power decks would get locked to Hell and back because of CC.

Arcanine out.

Its just a bit useless to add a card that in 14 out of 15 games has only 1 purpose: being discarded.

Test it on the next SC to see just how often you NEED it and you'll see what I mean.

Señor Gardevoir said:
Its just a bit useless to add a card that in 14 out of 15 games has only 1 purpose: being discarded.

Test it on the next SC to see just how often you NEED it and you'll see what I mean.

Well, in that 1 game out of 15, I dont want to lose because my opponent attaches a cessation crystal to his pokemon.

-Just me- said:

QFT.

I mean seriously, I'd much rather have an easy Holon discard + a safeguard against Cessation and some stadiums than be screwed by a Cessation Crystal at any time during a tournament.
Think about it:
You said you'll need Windstorm one in every fifteen games. Now think about how many games you play in any given tournament, especially in a State Championship. 6 rounds + top 8 = 12 games minimum with a possible of fifteen games, the magical number.
Now say you've lost one game due to a bad start. You are heading into your last round and the winner makes it to top cut. Your magical one game comes in and slaps you right across the face. Your opponent drops a Cessation Crystal on you and you're stalled. You see one of your stadiums in your hand and say, "man, I wish I would have kept this as a Windstorm..."
Or better yet, what if this happens during any of the games in top cut, especially finals?

Play Windstorm, save yourself a heartache.

Uh, yeah. Never happened. On a side note, by games, I meant what you seem to call matches, as I always refer to a best of 3 a "game".

And yeah, lots and lots of speculations here. However the one time I thought Windstorm would come in handy is offset by the several times I wished I had put in that extra *instert name here* instead of splashing that Windstorm.

its won me a few games:discard nrg root,solid rage n others.sometimes when im locked it seems windstorm is the only thing that can save me.N when i combo it with warp point......i win:D

Hahaha, I believe windstorm is overated also. I have never used one, and have never seen the need. HOWEVER, I see why it is needed in some decks such as Metanite, which need protection from CC.
Yet, I'd still rather play stadium cards. And Windstorm is a bit too overhyped... although playing one as "Holon Feeder" isn't such a bad idea...though I'd rather play CC as my "Holon Feeder" instead! lol
Jack

the answer is YES and NO.

YES - putting 4 windstorm would really waste the deck's space. BTW, the only moment windstorm become useful is when u encountered Delta or S.stantler.

NO - If ur strategy is to keep using power, u'll need it. It's better to be safe than sorry. U wont wanna have auto lose to Delta or S.stantler.

So, i say u should play 2-3 windstorm, as it wont cost that much deck space, and u get to get rid of C.Crystal:cool:

Windstorm changes the way people play just by the fact that it exists. If Windstorm wasn’t in the game a lot more decks would splash in stadiums and tools, especially the power killing ones. However since it does exists these things are less prevalent in decks overall ... and when they do get used, like in Delta, the deck really makes that one of it’s major focuses so that they can overcome Windstorm.

So in that sense it isn’t overrated at all. The card affects the metagame worldwide by its mere existence & the fact that many decks put it in.

However since fewer folks play power killing tools and stadiums that mean that if you actually run Windstorm you will not see as much opportunity to play it and it could easily seem “useless” in many matches.

I’m also convinced that, while decks like Metanite might have to have 4 Windstorm since their ability to attack big with any sort of regularity depends on powers, many other decks probably don’t need it as much and can make due with fewer copies or simply counter-stadiums. It all depends on what the deck does. In a Gardevoir ex d focused deck for instance I would probably just use counter-stadiums ... but in a Mercury deck I would have a few Windstorms.

Choosing not to run the card at all, even if the deck is heavily power reliant, is also a valid choice. Basically you are bluffing and counting on the fact that since other folks *do* run Windstorm that you can get away with running something else. That will actually give you an advantage in some matchups ... but ultimately you are bluffing and eventually someone will call it. You will face a match, be it Delta or something else, that basically requires Windstorm and you will be hosed. That’s OK if it happens once early in a tournament but a lot more problematic if it occurs in the later stages or several times.

Windstorm is sooooooooo good because if you come across any deck w/ tools or stadiums you cant get discarded your screwed. I play Raieggs and every time I lose its because they have discarded all of my crystals and their useing their powers to stomp me.

Windstorm FTW

Well, it sucks in Mercury, and it rules in Metanite. However, this card generally SUCKS. I agree with Senor Gardevoir. Imagine wasting 2-3-4 spaces of your deck on a mere wimpy trainer?!? I mean, look at it. CC can be harmful against alot of decks, but why use it!?? You can easily use Gardevoir EX d to shut the PokeBodies and PokePowers, or even simply put a Pokemon in a special condition. That's all.

Well, the problem with Pokémon locks is that...
Gardevior EX δ: 1 per turn
Sp. Conditions: Active only
Latilock: Evolved Bodies only
Have I missed something?

Wow, I was right, It's a good thing I never put windstorm into my decks. Everyone I fight hardly uses tools, and stadiums. Although, I can use it on Holon Circle like the Tauros combo...nah.

Yet another tournament gone in which I had no use whatsoever for Windstorm. Glad I didn't play it. (Matchups were vs. Metanite, a Dark/Metal deck, Flareados, Swampert Ex and Flygon Ex)

Back