Will there be ex's and *'s in the D/P set?

Hmmmmmm mabye they could continue EXs but make them less "invincible" you know only a few should be a fraction as tough as "psystorm" Gardevoir EX

higumaotoshi said:
Magma in 04 and Queendom in 05 beat all the ex decks in the format as well as Raieggs winning nats UNDEFEATED.
RaiEggs winning its Nationals was one of the biggest flukes in TCG history. It only won because everyone abused Magcargo and Pidgeot to such an extent and noone expected RaiEggs to appear. It did poorly at Worlds, not getting any decent place at all.

TYranitarFReak said:
I, concedingly, have to agree... somewhat because I think ex's are a god send. They give this game a certain edge that was neve seen before: strong cards that were better than the the weakling's of pre Ruby/Saphire. Sure they can be over-powered, but that's why there's the two prize rule!! I hope ex's stay for ever just as long LBS doesn't come back.
Cards before R/S were not "weaklings". It was a completely different metagame back then and it cannot be compared to now. I played pre-Neo and I will admit that the game was ALOT more fun than it is now. Supporters and Ex's have seriously screwed up the game making it more based on luck rather than skill. Did you even play the game pre-R/S? If you did (for a decent period of time) then you wouldn't have made a statement as such.

I see how you like Ex's as long as they're not in a dominant archetype deck. Sorry to crash your dreams but it's because Ex's are so overpowered that archetypes like LBS appears. Just because LBS is gone now doesn't mean that the game just got easier, it still has many problems, one main problem involving Mew ex and Holon Castmagtrode. I didn't mind the Ex's in R/S, they were fair, but when they started to get way overpowered like these days plus with Holon's Castmagtrode makes them an annoyance to the game.

And if Safeguard was so godly at blocking Ex's then how come Dustox ex isn't played so heavily?

Abhorsen said:
And if Safeguard was so godly at blocking Ex's then how come Dustox ex isn't played so heavily?

This actually helps my point. Dustox ex isn't played heavily because enough of the top decks in the format (15+ at least) don't play ex's. Dustox ex is garbage against a non-ex deck.

It is more viable in the lower age groups because many younger players like to play ex's over non-ex's no matter how effective non-ex's may be.

i think that the reason why exs/ strong archtypes romed in 10- or 11-14 is that there are super pro archtype players and rogue players in those age groups.
so what do u get? u get rogue decks all beated up by super pro archtypes, as u cant blame the younger childrens (that plays rogue) playing just for fun

example: (2005) 10- 1st T2 medicham
(2006)10- 1st LBS

(2005) 11-14 1st T2 medicham
(2006) 11-14 1st lunarock

^ all those are strong archtypes if u dont know how to beat them

I think, in DP sets ex's doesnt exist, because exs are in ex series, like ex-legend maker, ex-dragon frontiers.
In DP hasn't have "ex" on this name.
In neo series is Shining, then shinings are returned to ex-series- it's Star. In DP they came soon as "new named" Shinings.

Back