Will there be a set based on and named after Platinum??

Satoshi of the Torn World

Pokemon fan for almost 10 years
Ever since Ruby and Sapphire came out there has been a set named after the games...including Emerald and the latest Diamond and Pearl of course.So will they continue this with a Platinum card set?

RE: Will there be a set based on and named after Platinum?

I don't know, as its kind of an extension of the Diamond and Pearl games rather than a whole new game isn't it? Kind of like Pokemon Yellow was to Red/Blue. Will be interesting to see what they do, maybe they'll have a set for it, but under the diamond and pearl branding, like call it Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Platinum Force or something...lol

There should be a set like that considering there are 4 tcg sets named after the games! It would be cool, wouldn't it? Platnium Force- not a bad idea for a name i don't think. :)

luckyluigi7 said:
There should be a set like that considering there are 4 tcg sets named after the games! It would be cool, wouldn't it? Platnium Force- not a bad idea for a name I don't think. :)

Eh, Platinum Force sounds like it could be the name of a Power Rangers movie, or something tacky like that.

From what we have seen, they've released four sets of the sort; 'Ex Ruby & Sapphire', 'Ex FireRed LeafGreen', 'Ex Emerald', and 'Diamond & Pearl'. The 'naming sets after games' thing only began when Nintendo gained rights to Pokemon TCG, and considering every game released since then has had a set named after it, it wouldn't surprise me if they continued the tradition.

That being said, Platinum sounds like a funny name for a set. It sounds more like a 'best of' set. Maybe that's just me though. I don't know.

Time will tell.

lol "best of" Coming this Fall..."Pokemon:Greatest Hits" :/ But yea I didn't notice that started when Nintendo got it...but now I see the connection.

I guess it is a good way of promoting the games also, by naming a series of the cards after the latest game.

Pokemon Platnium.
Coming...March 2008.

Featuring Giratina, Shaymin? lulz.

I think there is a good chance it will happen. The set will likely give us a Giratina Lv. X, and will include the first non-promo Giratina Origin Form card. There is also a chance Shaymin-S will come as well.

The Crystal Shaymin said:
I think there is a good chance it will happen. The set will likely give us a Giratina Lv. X, and will include the first non-promo Giratina Origin Form card. There is also a chance Shaymin-S will come as well.

Yea that would be nice.Isn't there a set with Shaymin Lv.X? or is it out yet

Poke_Fan_89 said:

Yea that would be nice.Isn't there a set with Shaymin Lv.X? or is it out yet
IFIDS has shaymin lv.X

Well with EX emerald...I should think that there will be 1 set with platinum. BUt not a whole line like DP anyway! But it is only a matter of time

Stevie Night said:
I don't know, as its kind of an extension of the Diamond and Pearl games rather than a whole new game isn't it? Kind of like Pokemon Yellow was to Red/Blue. Will be interesting to see what they do, maybe they'll have a set for it, but under the diamond and pearl branding, like call it Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Platinum Force or something...lol

Red/Blue - Yellow
Ruby/Sapphire - Emerald
Diamond/Pearl - Platinum

Wizards was in charge of printing for Red/Yellow/Blue. Every game since then has had a set released after it. The only "extention" that Nintendo has had control during thus far has had a set named after it.

Diamond & Pearl: Platinum doesn't sound too bad. But I don't know about just naming a set Platinum. We'll just have to see how it works out.

the biggest problem is that intense fight in the destroyed sky was released which is whole based on platinum...but i think the english tcg will change the sets name to platinum, that's for sure.

I don't truly think so, Yata. I really don't see PUSA delaying Giratina IFDS until May 2009. I also don't think that set was really based on Platinum, either. Most likely, if it was, they'd have Palkia in the set too. As I said, IFDS is not going to be the English Platinum set. They won't delay a set for 10 months. :/

I don't truly think so, Yata. I really don't see PUSA delaying Giratina IFDS until May 2009. I also don't think that set was really based on Platinum, either. Most likely, if it was, they'd have Palkia in the set too. As I said, IFDS is not going to be the English Platinum set. They won't delay a set for 10 months. :/

we'll see :cool:

Back