Will sp pokemon take over?

Will sp pokemon take over?

• Total voters

PokeKid Brandon

PM for free stupid...
With the coming set these sp pokemon get better pokemon better trainers and better energy will these type of new pokemon begin to take over the meta and make evolution decks behind?

PokeKid Brandon said:
With the coming set these sp pokemon get better pokemon better trainers and better energy will these type of new pokemon begin to take over the meta and make evolution decks behind?

If your theory is true so will mewtwo X.. It will dominate as well.

#1weavile said:
PokeKid Brandon said:

If your theory is true so will mewtwo X.. It will dominate as well.

Good SP decks use Dialga G Lv. X, shutting down Mewtwo.

And, yes, they will become overpowered. But only when POTF comes out. BET, there's a few pokes that will still destroy these SPs. POTF introduces Absol G Lv. X, which, using the right cards, can send most of your opponent's deck to the Lost Zone. Provided you're lucky.

Clearly it will. 3 sets in a row with two of them being substantially helpful to SP spells the dominance in Battle Roads and Worlds. They'll die off eventually though.

dmaster out.

Na.

I mean Holon Species where a big hit back in the day because of the fast Trainer line. But I don't recall any one card being able to stop them completely for the whole game (for SP-Pokemon, its Mewtwo Lv.X). Whenever people hear the two words together: "Meta-game + SP Pokemon" there minds only register one thought: Mewtwo Lv.X deck.

But Dialga Lv.X SP completely ruins this. I think the makers of TCG knew Mewtwo could dominate in this way so they put this card out there that can really protect you good; Dialga Lv.X. I mean, why else would they wanna make the next set (and the next set after) focused on SP-Pokemon?

While everyone on this threads gonna debate back-in-forth about Mewtwo Lv.X VS: Dialga Lv.X SP, I'm going to tell you a secret: Us rouge players have better ideas in mind rather then thinking Mewtwo Lv.X is the only card that can really stop these SP decks << Thats SO NOT true. Why not just make a really fast deck that can withstand against thoes decks, as well as some other popular plays in the meta-game?

DECK_MASTER

i think absol G LV.X is broken. you have 4 poketurn so that's 5 uses of the power, which is a bunch of cards from their deck, it's attack is GREAT as well, attach an energy gain and a special dark, and your hitting 70 damage per turn (of course you discard :p) like toxicroak but not poison reliant.

elekid957 said:
I think absol G LV.X is broken. you have 4 poketurn so that's 5 uses of the power, which is a bunch of cards from their deck, it's attack is GREAT as well, attach an energy gain and a special dark, and your hitting 70 damage per turn (of course you discard :p) like toxicroak but not poison reliant.

Some data I found out...if you run 2-2 Absol G Lv. X, 4 Poketurn, 4 SSU, 4 of a BET card that returns SP pokes to your hand, and various recover cards...on an average basis you will ultimately send 24 cards from your opponent's deck into the Lost Zone. The max it can do in this way is 66.

The Fallen One said:
elekid957 said:
I think absol G LV.X is broken. you have 4 poketurn so that's 5 uses of the power, which is a bunch of cards from their deck, it's attack is GREAT as well, attach an energy gain and a special dark, and your hitting 70 damage per turn (of course you discard :p) like toxicroak but not poison reliant.

Some data I found out...if you run 2-2 Absol G Lv. X, 4 Poketurn, 4 SSU, 4 of a BET card that returns SP pokes to your hand, and various recover cards...on an average basis you will ultimately send 24 cards from your opponent's deck into the Lost Zone. The max it can do in this way is 66.

But still if you remove a third of there deck in the lost zone, that in a way is broken because they may never get those back. Actually, they will never get thoes cards back. But you could just run Rhyperior DP to make them deck (12 cards discarded + about 10 cards in play + 6 prizes) with Absol Lv.X; do the math.

DECK_MASTER

Deck Master said:
But still if you remove a third of there deck in the lost zone, that in a way is broken because they may never get those back. Actually, they will never get thoes cards back. But you could just run Rhyperior DP to make them deck (12 cards discarded + about 10 cards in play + 6 prizes) with Absol Lv.X; do the math.

DECK_MASTER

True. You could base a whole deck on making your opponent deck out. I like the idea.

Also don'f forget hom many decks go through there deck quickly like rampardos. this will make it even more easier to make them deck out.

Let's not forget that Mightyena LA presents an interesting counter against most SP Pokemon. Only Toxicroak G is immune to Bite Down, but it is evident most SP decks don't play Unown G. Oh, sure, Warp Point me, but exactly how many times can you pull off that trick?

I see SP decks being a good chunk of the format, but not dominating in it. There are just too many options that are nearly as good or are as good as SP decks are. Also, if they become huge, some non SP-decks could fit in an Anti-SP tech. (Not Mewtwo LV. X, however.)

elekid957 said:

Well you have to Lv. it up from Absol G in order to do that, but you can't Lv. it up 2 times in the same turn can you? and i think SP pokemon will be very big in the format, but i don't see them stopping the play of evolution decks. I mean there are good counters for them (Machamp+pokeblower or something...Mewtwo X) but again i think they will play a big part though.

gecko764 said:
And I think SP pokemon will be very big in the format, but I don't see them stopping the play of evolution decks. I mean there are good counters for them (Machamp+pokeblower or something...Mewtwo X) but again I think they will play a big part though.

Toxicroak G, Unown G, and Dialga G Lv. X say hi. People will run Machamp in an attempt to stop SP pokes...but they falter in the face of Toxicroak G.

But Toxicroak G is rather weak in usage in the mid/late game. I mean, 60 damage? Is that all you really can pull off?

What i meant was (in general) SP pokemon get killed be Machamp.Toxicroak is an exeption due to its pokebody, but other SP pokemon like the ones that are going to be played (when they come) can be killed by Machamp! so all i am saying is Machamp, with something like Palkia X or pokeblower, is a good SP counter.

Zyflair said:
But Toxicroak G is rather weak in usage in the mid/late game. I mean, 60 damage? Is that all you really can pull off?

Technically 70 if you count Poison, but it definetely falters mid to late game. If you can play around it in such a way that you can get at least one heavy hitter out, you have a good chance of winning.

Toxicroak G is nice...but its low damage and HP are a bit of a turn-off.

EDIT:
gecko764 said:
What I meant was (in general) SP pokemon get killed be Machamp.Toxicroak is an exeption due to its pokebody, but other SP pokemon like the ones that are going to be played (when they come) can be killed by Machamp! so all I am saying is Machamp, with something like Palkia X or pokeblower, is a good SP counter.

Toxitank is the only truly good SP pokemon in the current format. When BET comes out, that might change, and Machamp will do well. Currently, however, Machamp fails against SPs.

I think Galactics Toolbox>toxitank, its just a better deck, and plus, i still run 1 toxicroak in toolbox for machamp matchups, and i think that it can give machamp a run for his money!

Galactic's toolbox<<machamp. There is no self protection body like toxicroak g. When some of the new sets come out toxicroak G will not see as much play beacuse there will be better sp decks that hit harder with the same spped and do not rely on another pokemon and a stadium to be good.

Back