will bearatic do good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
my question is will bearatic be taking over at all? will there be any leit usage and play? part of me is kinda hoping he does because i like to use steelix prime so yeah. any thoughts?

I think Beartic is overrated. The only deck it will beat on a regular basis is ReshiPhlosion, but Yanmega will still own Beartic as it's no retreat, which makes Sheer Cold an overglorified 2 for 50, and has to 3 hit Yanmega (2 hit if you use Icicle Crash, but a 2HKO for 3 Energy vs. a 2HKO for 0 energy is no contest). I think nearly all the Pokemon from Emerging Powers are underwhelming, with the possible exception of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Sigilyph 41, IMO.

images

Beartic will not do well in this format, too much Yanmega. With decks like Beartic that have three energy attacks similar to it, I have found that once the first one you set up dies, it is game. It take too long to recover, and by then, your opponent will have a significant prize lead. It also seems to easily counterable with Dodrio for many many things. I think that Beartic will see a lot play during Battle Road's, it my even rack up a couple wins, but anything with high stakes than that, I feel it will preform poorly.

I agree with Vulpix Yolk on this one, it will see huge play during BR for testing purposes and such, but I feel that it will disappear almost completely by the time Cities come around

There is already a similar thread discussing Beartic here. Please use this thread instead.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back