Wii vs Xbox360 vs PS3

Which will you get?

• Total voters

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
If you were given $600, which would you buy?

Personally, Ill get the Wii

Edit: Pls Poll, and dont bother why he gave you $600 o_O

If someone walked up to me and said, "Here's $600," I'd question where he got the money and why he is giving me $600. :/

I guess I'd buy the Wii though. Don't have any reason to buy the other two.

lol, wii is way better. If I was given 600, I would buy the wii and still have money for 6 good release titles. With the ps3...lol, nope. And xbox just suxs.

With $600 bucks (which I almost have) I'd be able to buy everything. The Wii, four launch games (excluding Wii Sports), a second Wiimote and Nunchuka, a light gun, a retro controller, and a ton of Wii points.
Pwnage.

[ChanseyMaster]

LOL, Sony Playstation ownes all gamer systems!!!!!!
The Wii will be like the gamecube(good graphics but not many games)
The Xbox 360 is OK but it still has not very many games(pretty much the same graphics a Playststion 3)
The Playstation 3 Has good graphics and will have many games(ps1 ps2 and ps3)
something like 5000 games at least, so thats my answer. PS3 all the way, It will make the most money also, LOL

elfedanny said:
LOL, Sony Playstation ownes all gamer systems!!!!!!
The Wii will be like the gamecube(good graphics but not many games)
The Xbox 360 is OK but it still has not very many games(pretty much the same graphics a Playststion 3)
something like 5000 games at least, so thats my answer. PS3 all the way, It will make the most money also, LOL
I love when people are wrong. First off, the Wii will have the largest gaming library in HISTORY. Wii games, GC, N64, SNES, NES, and those other 2 I can't ever remember (I know one is exclusive to Japan, so it will offer an amazing sensation). As to graphics, I personally don't care about them, so if the only reason you buy the ps3 is for the graphics...then I pity you. Also, I seriously doubt that theres been 5000 games released in gaming history, much less for any 1 consule line (I'm probly wrong about in history, but I'm positive on the other). Another thing, the Wii will bring a new gaming experience unlike any other...and I'm really looking forward to playing AS link rather then shooting threw the eyes of a halo dude.

elfedanny, just try to not act like a complete fanboy. It makes you look a little silly seeing as your facts are completely wrong. The 360 has been out for months. It has the alot of games out atm. The Wii has 39 games that I know of at launch and in the next few months (I can give a link if you want). Wii also has Gamecube backwards compatibility and the Virtual Console. That's ALOT of games at launch. As for the PS3 launch titles, I am not really sure. They cut alot of their launch titles for later release and from what i've heard (seeing as I can't find a decent link) there were 5 launch games in Japan, but it would most likely be around 10.

For me, i'm going to buy a Wii.

My reasons: (For those even bothered to read this)

I never really wanted an Xbox360. When it launched about 6 months ago here (I can't really remember) the games never really appealed to me. I also didn't feel like spending a whole $800AU just to get the console and a game. There were never any games on the 360 that I wanted which was why I never wanted one. I also waited it off to see what kind of problems would be experienced with it. And of course there were problems involving overheating and hardware failure. IGN reported they went through 3 Xbox360s and a couple of my friends have experienced overheating. Microsoft released a cooling system for the 360, but that's another expensive amount to buy just to combat a problem Microsoft should have fixed in the 1st place. It's 1 thing to release a console, but a completely different thing to release a faulty one. The graphics are impressive no doubt, but I don't buy games for graphics.

Well the PS3 isn't out here yet. It's supposedly coming out in March, but from a recent statement by Phil Harrison, President of Sony USA I think (which I can't be bothered finding) said that the March release is not guaranteed. Even though I do have the money to buy a PS3, I think that $1000AU for the console ALONE is absolutely ridiculous. Extra controllers and 2 games and you're looking at spending about $1350AU just at launch. What does PS3 have that the 360 doesn't? Well Blu-ray is the most obvious. I think that most people could have lived without the Blu-ray addition since finding people with Blu-ray players and the money for Blu-ray movies would be rare compared to standard DVD players. Again, there aren't any games coming out on the PS3 that I want. Most of them would be graphic-boosted ports like Sony always stick to, which I can buy for cheap on PC anyway. The only game I was remoted interested in was Metal Gear Solid 4 but that was delayed until further notice. I also wouldn't bother paying over $1100AU just to play 1 game.

Last is the Wii. It may not have HD or superior graphics like the other 2 but I don't have a HDTV so a Wii vs PS3/360's graphics would only be a small increase rather than large increase on a HDTV. To fully experience the graphics of a 360/PS3 you would need a HDTV, if you don't then that's another few thousand to buy one. Anyway... I was really interested in the Wii-remote and nunchuck. That's what has appealed to me the most. The way that different companies have used the Wii-remote in different ways is also very cool, like with WiiSports, Excite Truck and Red Steel all use the Wii-remote in different ways which is stunning really. The Wii also has the Virtual Console which I like. Being able to download up to 20 years of past Nintendo, Sega and other companies classic games for a small fee is worth it.The main reason why I want the Wii is because of the games it gives. Zelda and Red Steel at launch will keep me busy for a while and next year i'll be getting Excite Truck, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros Brawl plus many other unannounced games no doubt. I've also played a Wii at the Play Wii tours that are going around Australia atm and it was extremely fun.

Well, pretty much everything has been said. Oh, I like the Mii thing on top of all that too, that looks interesting.

So Wii for me!

I'd get the WII and, of course, spend the rest on games=P

I would choose the WII over the systems because everything I've read about it says that WII is based more around the gaming experience while the other platforms are JUST graphics.

elfedanny said:
And I will have to burst your bubble yet again elfedanny. From a recent announcement from Sony, it looks like alot of the old PS1 and maybe some PS2 games will not work on the PS3.

The article (here) is a little long so i'll simply cut and paste the important parts which are relevant.

On Tuesday, the company acknowledged the console won't run some of the 8,000 titles designed for previous PlayStations - even though the PlayStation 3 was billed as being fully compatible with older-generation games.

For instance, the PS3 might not play background music to the popular "Tekken 5" combat game, and some scenes from the "Gran Tourismo" racing game might freeze, according to Sony. The game "Suikoden III" can't read data from a first-generation PlayStation, while a virtual gun in one of the "Biohazard" games won't fire properly.

Some older games won't run on the PS3 at all, according to Sony Computer Entertainment spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka. Online upgrades of the PS3 software will be offered, but it's unlikely that all the problems will ever get fixed, he said.

Fukuoka insisted that the company anticipated the incompatibilities and outlined them on its Japanese Web site on Nov. 11, when PS3 hit stores here. Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360, which debuted last year, has had similar problems with older games.

Sony's brand image also has been badly tarnished by a massive global recall of lithium-ion batteries for laptop computers, which affected almost every major laptop maker in the world, including Dell Inc., Apple Computer Inc. and Lenovo Group Ltd.

Last month, Sony lowered its forecast for its fiscal 2006 group net profit by 38 percent to $680 million, citing costs for the battery recall and PS3 expenses, including the production problems and price cut.
They're just cut and pastes from it. If you want to read the entire article I posted the link above. Seriously, what are Sony doing to their customers, this is horrible for people wanting to play old PS games...

I actually have a friend that has recently moved to London, and attended a big Nintendo Convention just two days ago.
He said that the Twilight Princess was unbelievable, even 10 times better than the Ocarina Of Time.

...I really want this game.

[ChanseyMaster]

I don't know what sony are playing at, thier marketing strategy has flopped more than a Magicarp on steriods. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're TRYING to make the PS3 look bad. By this I'm not saying the PS3 is rubbish, or that Sony sucks, but really this is getting a little weird.

If the twilight princess is half as good as the ocarina of time, I'll be happy. If it's ten times better, that means it will get 100/10 from me. I think this will be the best game ever made by nintendo, probably meaning it will be the best game made by anyone.

I'd choose Wii as well. $600 won't even cover the cost of the good PS3 after taxes, and the only game I'd get for the 360 right now is Gears of War (which is a freaking awesome game). For $600 I'd get the system, 4 controllers, 2 VC controllers, 2 Nunchucks, Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck, and any other games that would seem interesting.

i got this dvd with this mag 1 year ago.
its got these awesome trailers of twilight princess and i know how to beat the first boss:D

jayh272416 said:
Wow, I cant believe ppl want to buy PS3 more than the Xbox360.
I can't believe people would want to buy either...

There's this person in one of my Fine Arts classes that has spent over $2,000 to buy A TV, Surround Sound System, and soon the PS3, just so the graphics look good.

Why are people so obsessed with graphics these days?

[ChanseyMaster]

Don't worry, the "who has the best graphics" thing will end soon. There's only a limit as to how many pixels your eyes can see, so give it a few years and graphics simply will not be able to advance any further. Then it will have to come down to gameplay... *points at Nintendo*

I think no-one has voted for the xbox because we've all seen what it can do, I guess.

Back