Wii controller danger.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
There is a Wii controller danger warning because when you have to use the straps for it some times it flies off and plazma TV's are getting smashed and there was a report hwew where I live that someone got hit in the head so be very careful when doing fast movements with the controller and I hope nintendo will fix that soon.:)

Umm, its not a wiimote problem, its a lack of brain power. If you're dumb enough to swing without the strap on after a good 30 minutes of playing (I know I work up a sweat in boxing), then you don't deserve a plasma screen tv.

They are using the straps but the are still slippimg off at least some are using them.:)

That is exactly why a new shipment of Wii's is taking time to reach Europe/America. They are adding better straps to the Wiimotes, like they did for the Aussies already. Glad I waited out.

The old straps are fine, people just get over excited and try swinging it faster than the speed of sound. Still, nothing is idiot proof, especially the wii :/

I don't understand how people could get so excited that they actually rip off the straps. But w/e, most likely they'll fix it up.

Arcanine out.

They have a better strap made and you can get it at www.nintendo.com and you have to fill out a form to get it.:)

bacon-boy said:
Lol I wonder how many broken straps warioware: smoothmoves will claim?
Somehow I think it'll end up in the guinness world record boo, "game that caused the most broken TVs" XF, anyhow, I'm getting a Wii wednesday, probably one with better straps, but, well, I hope I don't break my TV :)

They get to excited but nintendo had to back it up or the would be facing a lawsuit.:)

I don't think the strap is the problem, but rather the grip on the controller itself. Looking at mine, it's all made of completely smooth plastic with little friction so anyone with sweaty hands is going to lose grip if they swing it hard. Then again, people shouldn't be swinging it hard in the first place... bowling for example only requires you to tilt the controller, but I still see people almost hitting the ceiling with it XD

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with it either, although Baseball for me is pretty scary at times. I went ahead and ordered 4 of the replacement straps since they were offering them. Shipments should start on December 21, 2006. I really don't need them, but better safe than sorry, right?

so, what can we conclude:
if your bat always swings out of your hand when playing baseball in real life, DON'T PLAY IT ON THE WII!!!
I think the Wii is nowhere to blame, actually, the strap is not really necessary, if you're that clumsy that you actually do need it, and it snaps, then you must either be clumsy to the extreme, or have the best swing and the worst grip, either way, you should not be playing with a Wii

So, what can we conclude:
Those who let go of the Wiimote are uncoordinated.

The normal straps are fine enough and are really only there for emergencies when something dramatic happens.

Nintendo released numerous statements on the release of the Wii to use the straps tightly, hold the Wiimote tightly, wipe your hands and Wiimote if they get sweaty, and to not get too overly excited when playing. You don't need to do a massive samurai sword action to get a response on the screen... even a small flick will have the same action.

Either people are really stupid or their attempting to act really smart and trying to sue Nintendo for their stupidity. The warnings are there and prevention is the key. You're not supposed to depend entirely on the strap for safety. It's like trying to sue MacDonalds for making you fat when the main problem is you...

Well it make's me happy that I didn't get a Wii since i didn't really want one yet. but what was funny was reading about the person that broke his PS3 with the wii remote.

My older brother helped build the Wii but not the software like the controllers and games for it and thosewho are using the controller to rough. SLOW DOWN because you only need to move it in the motion of the thing you are operating. You only need to do it just a bit. It is like your computer cursor sort of and some times you have to move it fast so take it easy and play safe. Those that have plazma TV's DON"T PLAY THE Wii on THEM because you are taking a chance of destroying them. Actually I think nintendo should have a warning about that so they don't get sued.:)

randomman29 said:
Well it make's me happy that I didn't get a Wii since i didn't really want one yet. but what was funny was reading about the person that broke his PS3 with the wii remote.

I doubt that was true... alot of the rumours you hear aren't (wiimote impailed in a TV? come on lol). Unless he flung the wiimote VERY hard, or unless the PS3 is made out of paper, the only way that could of happend is if he somehow managed to knock the PS3 off a desk or something. And if that was the case, well, he was being very careless with it in my opinion.

^the odds of that happening are even more slim when you consider how many people have both a PS3 and wii...

Back