Width required for double sleeving

R

RattataJoey

Just a quick ask What size sleeves are needed to double size over our cards.

I'm aware the first sleeve tends to be 61mm x 92mm and I'vee found clear sleeves that are 62mm x 93mm would these be big enough.

Thanks for the help in advance.

RE: Double sleeving

Pennysleeves will fit over Ultrapro or other similar size sleeves.

^ Yep, I put mine in a colored Ultra-Pro sleeve, with a penny sleeve over it. They'll fit over just about any standard sleeve.

Ultra Pro pro fit sleeves are the best for double sleeving, however they are so precise that they will be a millimeter or two small for the card and will make it bow. It just depends on what card you put in there.

Would double sleeves make it hard to move your cards if your a collector though since there is a chance you could accidentally pull out one of the sleeves. That is why 1 sleeve is the best if you are a collector and have to move your cards a lot like I do XD. All my cards are in National dex order so I have to move them frequently when I get new cards.:)

I'm a collector and generally use just one sleeve as well, but on my best cards like full-arts or rare holos I'll double-sleeve. I haven't had any trouble with moving them around at all, and I feel that they're even sturdier and they barely curve when I do move them. :)

artist92 said:
I'm a collector and generally use just one sleeve as well, but on my best cards like full-arts or rare holos I'll double-sleeve. I haven't had any trouble with moving them around at all, and I feel that they're even sturdier and they barely curve when I do move them. :)

What type of sleeve do you use for the second (this is mostly for protecting the first sleeve also helps with shuffling as rarity wont factor at all)

RattataJoey said:
What type of sleeve do you use for the second (this is mostly for protecting the first sleeve also helps with shuffling as rarity wont factor at all)

The second sleeves are Ulra-Pro penny sleeves and I've found they work really well. I've got a few different types of colored sleeves that differ slightly in size, and the Ultra-Pros fit over all of them.

Back