Why?

Shadowless

Aspiring Trainer
Don't know if this has been already done or something, so i apolgy in advance.

Why did they stop puttin 11 cards in boosters. Now they put 9 and basically some boosters are crappy.

Hmm...yea I wonder too...
I think it's because we will get 1 holo in each booster now...
but, the japanese one has 11 card in each booster (the new expansion) but the box only contain 20 pack and the price is about the same like the US one...

Thats a good question, but can anyone answer it. I can't.

i think it is so we have to buy more packs in order to get more cards, just a ploy for nintendo to make more money that they dont need.

It was because printing the e-codes on Expedition would had been too expensive, so they decided to compensate by taking out two common cards. The tradition continued even through Nintendo.

oh if thats the reason i can see why but now they dont put e-codes on the new sets i think. Dam those two commons would still been good. I'm always getting gyped by boosters.

They are for pre-releases. Ever gotten like two Stage 2s and two Stage 1s but no basics?

oh yeah at HP i had one of alot of basics and two of their stage ones, that sucked sooooooooo much, nintendo give us back our 2 commons!!!!!!

yup, too bad, for those commons, I once had a prerelease 2gengar, 3 haunter...0 gastly.
and 3 lileep, 1 root fossil

well, my cousin stopped magic because it was getting too expensive, the modified format was too hard to keep up and they boosters kept on getting smaller. I now see Pokémon being in exactly the same situation, Nintendo, don't make the same mistake WotC did.

I Well, I don't Really mind about this. More cards in the boosters just means more double cards.

Oh I see....
no wonder there was japanese booster which is only contain 5 cards!

But, for me, 2 commons still useful!
I have a lot of poliwhirls but only 1 Poliwag! Isn't it crazy???

Yeah Mystery E, I get what you mean, but that's just for Pre-release.

Japanese packs only have 5 cards because if it's imported from Japan, means that paqying more money. Mking Japanese cards Aren't easy IMO, First the manufacturers must know the card attributes in english, then they have to translate, position the card, as in HP, weaknesses etc. (cos' it's different from the normal english cards). Next they have to make the right font, picture and then they make it, slot into packs and done. That, I found from my friend

armaldoEX said:

Japanese packs only have 5 cards because if it's imported from Japan, means that paqying more money. Mking Japanese cards Aren't easy IMO, First the manufacturers must know the card attributes in english, then they have to translate, position the card, as in HP, weaknesses etc. (cos' it's different from the normal english cards). Next they have to make the right font, picture and then they make it, slot into packs and done. That, I found from my friend

What??? Hmm...Then why now it's not 5 cards anymore?
I have some Japanese cards and the last japanese pack that I got (actually it's a gift from my bro in japan) is Eidolon Forest already contain 11 cards (yep, 11 cards, not 9), and as always, they put 1 rare holo each pack...

huh i never noticed that, but that is strange. WPM's explanation makes since though. saving money is the key. that's not fair that the japanese got 11 cards though :(.

Arcanine out.

On a slightly different note regarding changes in booster packs, what happened to the 1st edition symbol? We had it until Expedition, and then Japan got it, and still has it. Why don't we have 1st edition cards anymore? It doesn't quite make sense.

Still, I think that it is was better decision to reduce the amount of cards than to increase the cost of the booster packs, because that would have been the alternative.

Of course, to compensate for the loss of cards, they introduced something new to the cause; parallel foil, aka reverse holo cards. It is pretty sweet to sometimes get a holo card in a pack, and then get a reverse-holo version of a holo in the same pack. One time in the DS set, I opened a pack that had a δ Metagross reverse holo, AND a Shining Groudon. So in some respects, I'm happy with the introduction of the reverse holo. Too bad reverse holos these days have the tendency to bend out of shape...

Yet, the quality of printing is not good in holon phantom. Most holos i got from packs have lines there...:( and sometimes i really hate those holos and reverse because they bend after sometime. So it can be noticed easily when you put in a deck..

MysteryE said:
armaldoEX said:

What??? Hmm...Then why now it's not 5 cards anymore?
I have some Japanese cards and the last japanese pack that I got (actually it's a gift from my bro in japan) is Eidolon Forest already contain 11 cards (yep, 11 cards, not 9), and as always, they put 1 rare holo each pack...
A tad offtopic, but yeah. JP packs have 11 cards, always have an energy (RGBWPFMD) and always have a rare holo. 20 JP packs to a box, including 4 exes.

We're being ripped off
10i8pol.gif

Well, here on Brazil, ther are 5-cards packs, but they are more than half the price of a normal one, and u can't be right about the cards that are inside. One time, I bought three packs and got just 1 rare at all!!

It might be because they will make more money if they gyped us out of 2 cards and made 2 of them rare. That is what I think.:)

Back