Why Knot? — Going Green with Leafeon VMAX

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I’m happy to be bringing you all another article about the Standard format! Last time, we discussed Jolteon VMAX and Zeraora V and their growing presence in Standard thanks to the surge of Suicune V decks, the general popularity of Inteleon-based decks, and each of the Lightning-type Pokemon’s natural strengths. Since then, both decks have had the results we expected to see from them, with the most significant being Jolteon VMAX’s takedown of an event with over 100 players.
However, Jolteon VMAX isn’t the only Evolving Skies Eeveelution seeing success...

Continue reading...

Honestly, i think that Leafeon Vmax isn't good. Grass knot is too much to set up, and thats not mentioning some decks which have low to no retreat cost, air balloon, and tower of waters. And max leaf is just not a good move with its low damage and low healing. If you wanted to play a healing deck, you should just play something like gardevior vmax

Honestly, i think that Leafeon Vmax isn't good. Grass knot is too much to set up, and thats not mentioning some decks which have low to no retreat cost, air balloon, and tower of waters. And max leaf is just not a good move with its low damage and low healing. If you wanted to play a healing deck, you should just play something like gardevior vmax
That's a reasonable sentiment to have, as the deck can sometimes feel awkward to play, but I disagree with Grass Knot being high maintenance. It just takes two attachments and a Galar Mine to hit 180 or 240 on most things, and sometimes you may even do more. Additionally, Galar Mine and Tool Jammer both remove the effects of Tower of Waters (by discarding it) and Air Balloon respectively, so the damage is still pretty fixed.

I do think Gardevoir VMAX is interesting though! I may have to explore it a bit.

Back