Discussion Why Isn't Anyone Playing M Glalie-EX?

JCGKVK6325

Aspiring Trainer
I posted in the sub thread not thinking about how many people could see it, but I'm looking for all haters that are going to tell me why M glalie isn't the play right now. Why is it so bad that nobody is playing it?!

I can't think of a reason. Nice HP and attack cost, backed by water support and energy acceleration. The only thing that I can see messing with him is the fact that you have to attack with him to get the most out of it while he is heavily damaged. He does have synergy with Shrine of Memories the right healing support can make him dangerous but people pretty much only like whats winning. Be that guy that shuts them all up.

I can't think of a reason. Nice HP and attack cost, backed by water support and energy acceleration. The only thing that I can see messing with him is the fact that you have to attack with him to get the most out of it while he is heavily damaged. He does have synergy with Shrine of Memories the right healing support can make him dangerous but people pretty much only like whats winning. Be that guy that shuts them all up.

I tried. The deck had really good games when it drew well, however it relied on your opponent drawing average. Also the deck was pretty clunky and I missed key cards when I needed them. for some reason also, the luck wasn't there. After six piling and suffling I would end up with dead hands, or opening hands with 3 vs seeker, 3 M glalie, and often shaymin starts. Theres just nothing you can do in those situations.

I tried. The deck had really good games when it drew well, however it relied on your opponent drawing average. Also the deck was pretty clunky and I missed key cards when I needed them. for some reason also, the luck wasn't there. After six piling and suffling I would end up with dead hands, or opening hands with 3 vs seeker, 3 M glalie, and often shaymin starts. Theres just nothing you can do in those situations.
But those hands are literally possible in any deck running a 3-3 mega line and shaymin. It's entirely possible with mega mewtwo, for example, to end up starting shaymin and pulling trip vs seeker and m mewtwo ex. I don't think one should condemn an entire deck based on a (very) small run of bad luck.

More on point: Looking at M Glalie is... well... you're dealing with the drawbacks of mega evolution for a mediocre attack. Typically, we only bother with mega evolution when the attack on the mega is worth the cost of including links (M Gardevoir, M Mewtwo one shot potential and M Scizor disruption) A 150 shot that requires you to be around half health doesn't feel like it's worth the 10 deck slots needed for a 3-3 line and 4 links. But I could be wrong.

M-Glalie is an interesting Beast.
Bcs The only way to play him is with atleast 100 Damage on him. Meaning you have 120 HP left which is an easy KO for most mons.
The only way i see him to get played is not as a core. But as a DMG dealer in a diffrent deck. So for example with Palkia, Glaceon and Regice. Either build Glalie up on the bench or build something else up get some DMG on it and then use a Ninja Boy.
Possibly have a Manaphy in there for easy retreat.

Also Glalie and it´s Mega arent expensive (at least in Europe) so i might try it.

Back