Why is Omastar MD so good?

do you know why it's so good?

• Total voters

Dragonzong

Aspiring Member
okay i don't know where to put this. so if i'm in the wrong Place moderaters can you please move it. anyway i've been on http://google.com/ and i was viewing a report and i noticed that Omastar Md was a 1-0-1 tech line. my question is... why is it so good and why do other people use it.

Oh.... I didn't even know that anyone used this card. :( I guess it's because of his Poke-power. That way your opponent will have to evolve his Pokemon again and that might stop them from playing a stage 2 Pokemon or something. I don't really know... I'm just guessing as to why people use it.

Typhlosionwolf said:
Oh.... I didn't even know that anyone used this card. :( I guess it's because of his Poke-power. That way your opponent will have to evolve his Pokemon again and that might stop them from playing a stage 2 Pokemon or something. I don't really know... I'm just guessing as to why people use it.

oh. i still don't have an idea why he's used.

He's gaining popularity in spread decks, as he can devolve all of your opponent's benched Pokemon, possibly getting multiple prizes in one turn.

Xdogking said:
He's gaining popularity in spread decks, as he can devolve all of your opponent's benched Pokemon, possibly getting multiple prizes in one turn.

Yeah. lol. He said what I was trying to say. He just worded it much better. :D

I didn't know that people ran it, but I can see why now. If you devolve 3 of their stage 2 most of them will have been rare candied and they could have a lot of trouble building them back up

I ran Omastar in my Dusknoir deck when he first came out. Yes, the idea behind it was to allow for multiple KOs by drastically decreasing their HP (either because they were candied or just the -30 or 40 from stage 1 to stage 2). It was much better then because it didn't have to worry about Power Sprays or things that weren't evolved (i.e. SPs).

It's a good card,but with all the SP decks around right now,I just can't see it being a great tech in the current format.

It's pretty good with Gengar prime since all the evolution cards can be sent to the lost zone after being put in their hand.

I really do not find this card a good card, I mean it was okay at a time, but not good at all around here.

It used to be good in Empoleon, but its dead now due to SPs, Donphan, and Nidoqueen all having ways of stopping spread.

SP decks would own it soo bad, it does not even run evolved pokemon.

Tyranitar SF/Weavile SW/Omastar MD back in the day was EXTREMELY popular back in cities '08-'09. Spread like crazy, then take a whole bunch of prize cards.

Azul said:
Tyranitar SF/Weavile SW/Omastar MD back in the day was EXTREMELY popular back in cities '08-'09. Spread like crazy, then take a whole bunch of prize cards.

It was, but not the main reason for Omastar. Empostar was huge at nats 08 and BRs that year. But both were significant.

Imagine that your opponent has a bench full of Donphan Primes and Flygons. All the Donphans have at least 70 damage on them, and all the Flygon have 70 damage on them. You send out Omastar, and all of you're opponents pokemon become phanpy's and vibravas. This means that all of your opponents Pokemon are knocked out, meaning that you can take 5 prize cards. Is that good enough for ya?

It's all very situational. But Omastar can be used well.

That omastar is a main tech in the cali deck. Which is apparently pretty big in japan right now. It focuses with 3 kingdra prime and 1 regular kingdra from unleashed. Drop omastar, de-evolve, and snipe away. Its almost a guarenteed win vs jumpluff

Ah you're all talking about my article on 6p :p, anyway it's so good because you dont have to attackt to nab 1-2 prizes if the bench is damaged enough.

tubbs101 said:
Ah you're all talking about my article on 6p :p, anyway it's so good because you don't have to attackt to nab 1-2 prizes if the bench is damaged enough.

if your talking about the tyranitar article then yes.

Back